weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Change of formation for coming season? Empty Change of formation for coming season?

Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:34 pm
Okay eight signings in, Lead Coach appointed and in place and the general feeling from Jenkins of a greater 'footballing' philosophy for the club. So are we going to see a change in formation next season?

I voiced the feeling last season that the personnel in defence may have been suited to 4 at the back, rather than the 3/5 County had deployed since the promotion season. Amongst the incomings we have full backs (attacking ones by their admission) and now a winger. So it could be a 4-4-2, which seemed to do okay for Georgia and Slovenia in the Euros.

Obviously it's difficult to tell until we see the players 'in action', and it may just be that Jenkins wants more flexibility in the squad to be able to change formations (which I don't think County had last season).

You can tell the close season is nearing an end when you start looking at signings and wondering about formations... Very Happy
Oldcromwellian
Oldcromwellian

Change of formation for coming season? Empty Re: Change of formation for coming season?

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:35 pm
Suggests to me it's more likely to be looking at a squad that could alternate between 3 CBs and 4 4 2. as and when. Besides surely it will require more than 1 winger in the squad to play 4 4 2 as a default.
ajs

Change of formation for coming season? Empty Re: Change of formation for coming season?

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:44 pm
4-2-3-1, signings suggust this in my opinion
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum