weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ugo.

Delaney to Swindon rumour Empty Delaney to Swindon rumour

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm
Delaney off to Swindon apparently.
lowandhard
lowandhard

Delaney to Swindon rumour Empty Re: Delaney to Swindon rumour

Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:03 am
Obviously as usual, other clubs can outbid us : it was ever thus. We’d better get used to it! The new owners emphasis on the academy assumes even more relative importance and will dictate our future success. Sadly the days of one club players are far in the past.
George Guest

Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:32 am
[t is particularly annoying that we keep losing players to other L2 clubs. This pitch we are playing on is using up too much of our limited resources. I wish there was an alternative.

I see that Waite has signed for Weston in National League South. I felt a pan of regret about him being forced to leave. Their manager was delighted to get him.
Taunton iron cider
Taunton iron cider

Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:04 pm
If, as HJ intimated, we are to rely on a young squad then this could be a high risk strategy as in League 2, the experience of seasoned professionals is essential.
From the Owners recent statement we are told to expect some signing news today, that is set to tell us a lot about the makeup of the Squad for next season. What also strikes me is the lack of any mention about Graham’s role with signings.

Owlsabout likes this post

Owlsabout

Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:57 pm
Exactly GC have stated on many occasions about his recruitment strategy and how the player as to be right for him and the club. Now like cider mentions GC lack of activity is strange, Hj mentioned about how he wants an identity and certain style so I for one will not be surprised if a change in management happens
County exile
County exile

Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:02 pm
sjg99
sjg99

Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:41 pm
Taunton iron cider wrote:What also strikes me is the lack of any mention about Graham’s role with signings.

Very perceptive...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum