weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Ticket Office Empty Ticket Office

Thu May 30, 2024 8:24 pm
Lets have a positive post.

Yesterday, having seen that the deadline for 'early bird' season tickets was due to close on Friday 31st May at 16.00, I took the plunge and bought a Seniors season ticket online. It seemed the right time to do so. I'm 61 in July and wasn't sure whether to buy last season because I was 'underage' during the early bird period. It's my first season ticket in somewhere near 50 years of supporting County. I felt good.

My sister who lives in the next village and whom is a little over a year older than me has similarly expressed a desire to purchase a Senior season ticket. I'd been out shopping his morning and thought I might take a slight detour to remind her of the closing date for 'early bird' purchases. She decided to buy the ticket while I was visiting.

"What does BSC stand for?"
"Bisley Stand". "Oh f**k..."

Schoolboy error - I'd only bought a season ticket for the Bisley, right down the front where the sun will be in my eyes in anything other than rain or snow and ALL the rain will soak me in wet weather. She obviously be more sensible than me bought her ticket for the Compeed/Hazel Stand.

So two options. Either I can try phone the ticket office and try to explain my mistake over the phone or go down there and explain face to face. Bus travel being free and not really have much on this afternoon I went for a trip to RP.

I know the ticket office took a lot of flak before the Man Utd game but the woman in the office couldn't have been more understanding. "No problem. I can move you. Where do you want to sit?". Done in two minutes tops. "Season ticket will be with you by mid-July"

Really good service. And I feel better today than I felt yesterday knowing the weather will have less impact on my enjoyment/misery (delete as appropriate) of supporting a bang-average League Two side... Very Happy

Jack, Trigger, TheHappyCrapper, Webby and Risca_Exile like this post

Risca_Exile
Risca_Exile

Ticket Office Empty Re: Ticket Office

Thu May 30, 2024 11:24 pm
Felt sorry for the ticket office staff with the Man Utd situation. Although it was stated that season ticket and trust members were only allowed a ticket +1 but not on both counts, fans realised that if they bought their +1 on line, they could then go to the ticket office with their trust membership and get another 2 tickets. There was no system to link the season ticket holders to the trust membership,. therefore the ticket office staff got the flack not the trust board. Hopefully if we're lucky enough to have the same situation in the next couple of years HJ will put the link into place.
Amberexile
Amberexile

Fri May 31, 2024 9:22 am
Risca_Exile wrote:Felt sorry for the ticket office staff with the Man Utd situation.  Although it was stated that season ticket and trust members were only allowed a ticket +1 but not on both counts, fans realised that if they bought their +1 on line, they could then go to the ticket office with their trust membership and get another 2 tickets.  There was no system to link the season ticket holders to the trust membership,.  therefore the ticket office staff got the flack not the trust board.   Hopefully if we're lucky enough to have the same situation in the next couple of years HJ will put the link into place.

Absolutely, the people were excellent but were totally let down by the system they had to work within. Perhaps by the next time we play Man Utd at home things will be perfect Very Happy

Jack and Risca_Exile like this post

Sponsored content