weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nosmo King
Nosmo King

5 or 10 game tickets. Empty 5 or 10 game tickets.

Sun May 19, 2024 7:48 am
Not everyone can attend most games so why not introduce a 5 or 10 game mini season ticket?
Stan A. Einstein
Stan A. Einstein

5 or 10 game tickets. Empty Re: 5 or 10 game tickets.

Sun May 19, 2024 11:21 am
It is exactly these types of tweeks that are needed. In and of themselves they are small measures but find enough small changes and it adds up.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 am
Nosmo King wrote:Not everyone can attend most games so why not introduce a 5 or 10 game mini season ticket?

In principle it sounds a decent idea but the practicalities would throw up some problems. Like what time time frame would be put on these mini-season tickets? The 10 game 'mini season ticket' after all encompasses almost half a season and so you could be creating problems later in the season were the County to be sitting favourably in the table and demand for tickets increased. The other obvious problem is the amount of discount you may have to offer to make these attractive to potential purchasers and the reduction in revenue associated with this.

So probably too late to do this coming season but no harm in writing to HJ and suggesting such an idea for consideration for 2025-26...
Nosmo King
Nosmo King

Sun May 19, 2024 12:08 pm
Some people can't get to every game, and some people can't afford every game.
But if there are people, like me who are saying 'look, I got some money here, do you want it'?  Then the club should make it happen.
You could discount this mini season ticket pro rata in line with a full season ticket.
I don't envisage the ground being over subscribed any time soon.  Whether we're top or otherwise.
In the event we get another Wrexham event then plan accordingly.
RP is not going to fill without people realising this beforehand.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm
Nosmo King wrote:Some people can't get to every game, and some people can't afford every game.
But if there are people, like me who are saying 'look, I got some money here, do you want it'?  Then the club should make it happen.
You could discount this mini season ticket pro rata in line with a full season ticket.
I don't envisage the ground being over subscribed any time soon.  Whether we're top or otherwise.
In the event we get another Wrexham event then plan accordingly.
RP is not going to fill without people realising this beforehand.

I wasn't suggesting it was a bad idea, merely that it needs to be examined more closely before it can be implemented.

I also wasn't suggesting that RP would be over-subscribed but as someone who buys tickets game by game the options for sitting in the Compeed stand are quite limited even a day or two in advance. And you could be tying up some seats for almost half the games and forcing these punters into Block E with a much poorer view of the pitch. So good idea on one hand but could deter the occasional fans from coming again if they have a rubbish view...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum