weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum return

+8
Webby
One Robbie Willmott
BLHP
wattsville_boy
George Guest
Jack
lowandhard
County valleyboy
12 posters
Go down
avatar
County valleyboy
Posts : 1
Join date : 2024-05-03

Forum return Empty Forum return

Fri May 03, 2024 8:38 am
Good to be back... had to re register
lowandhard
lowandhard
Posts : 15
Join date : 2024-05-02

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Fri May 03, 2024 9:00 am
Yes mate it is though I managed to screw up re-registering several times until I got it right.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 am
What was the problem? I may be able to make it easier for others...
lowandhard
lowandhard
Posts : 15
Join date : 2024-05-02

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 8:26 am
I reckon it was my windiness . When I clicked on the link, I got a message saying that the site was unsafe and may be a scam so I thought I may have been misdirected. After a few attempts I took the plunge obviously but it wasn’t very reassuring and the print of the link message looked pretty amateur. That’s unlike the site itself I may add which looks very good indeed, well done and thank you.

Jack likes this post

Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 12:44 pm
When you say, clicked on the link... are you clicking through a Google search or are you talking about the "click to join weareexiles.net" website?
avatar
George Guest
Posts : 10
Join date : 2024-05-01

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 12:56 pm
I had a similar experience. My laptop using Windows with the Opera browser regards weareexiles as unsafe because of a deficiency in the site certificate does not guarantee that the site is genuine. I have ignored the objection because I know it is genuine.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 1:17 pm
George Guest wrote:I had a similar experience. My laptop using Windows with the Opera browser regards weareexiles as unsafe because of a deficiency in the site certificate does not guarantee that the site is genuine. I have ignored the objection because I know it is genuine.
How were you accessing the website, George. Via a directly entering the URL into your browser?
avatar
George Guest
Posts : 10
Join date : 2024-05-01

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 2:08 pm
I've just checked on the laptop and the site unsafe message is not longer there. Instead it says the site is secure. I am typing direct into the browser.

Jack likes this post

wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy
Posts : 45
Join date : 2024-05-01
Location : Caerphilly County

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 pm
George Guest wrote:I had a similar experience. My laptop using Windows with the Opera browser regards weareexiles as unsafe because of a deficiency in the site certificate does not guarantee that the site is genuine. I have ignored the objection because I know it is genuine.

I've that same message whenever there was been updates or when the forum has moved to a new host. I've always ignored it and re-registered this time (which I think was a new thing but because the membership couldn't be 'swapped over'). I guess it depends on how safe you believe your computer is. When it came to my phone I had to ignore that 'unsafe' message and plough on to the log-in page.

I think it helped that Jack had mentioned the day before that he thought he'd found a solution...
Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 4:38 pm
George Guest wrote:I've just checked on the laptop and the site unsafe message is not longer there. Instead it says the site is secure. I am typing direct into the browser.

I think it takes a little time for things to update in the background. Happy to hear your browser now thinks it's safe!
lowandhard
lowandhard
Posts : 15
Join date : 2024-05-02

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 04, 2024 7:02 pm
Jack wrote:When you say, clicked on the link... are you clicking through a Google search or are you talking about the "click to join weareexiles.net" website?
This was the link sent by email

Jack likes this post

avatar
BLHP
Posts : 1
Join date : 2024-05-08

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Wed May 08, 2024 4:37 pm
I clicked through a Google search - said the site was unsafe. However when I clicked a subheading on the google listing, it took me straight here
Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Wed May 08, 2024 4:46 pm
BLHP wrote:I clicked through a Google search - said the site was unsafe. However when I clicked a subheading on the google listing, it took me straight here

Yeah, it's taking some time for the Web crawlers to verify but is getting better bit by bit. Odd though as I'm managing to click through the main search result fine at the moment. Thanks for the update though, I'll take a look at what I can do.

Any other feedback very much welcome!
avatar
One Robbie Willmott
Posts : 1
Join date : 2024-05-10

Forum return Empty Glad to get here

Fri May 10, 2024 6:48 pm
Made it onto here. Always enjoyed the old forum. 🙂

Jack likes this post

Webby
Webby
Posts : 2
Join date : 2024-05-13
Age : 54
Location : Wollongong, NSW

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Mon May 13, 2024 1:46 am
Was initially concerned account was deleted as I haven't posted anything in a long time but saw Jack's announcement and registered without a hiccup.
Like Stan figured time for a face too, albeit in an appropriate colour theme.

Jack likes this post

Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Mon May 13, 2024 12:26 pm
Webby wrote:Was initially concerned account was deleted as I haven't posted anything in a long time but saw Jack's announcement and registered without a hiccup.
Like Stan figured time for a face too, albeit in an appropriate colour theme.

Welcome back ol'buddy

Webby likes this post

Nosmo King
Nosmo King
Posts : 5
Join date : 2024-05-14

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 pm
I was never there.
avatar
Bristolexile
Posts : 1
Join date : 2024-05-07

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Fri May 17, 2024 8:52 pm
I've managed to get back on here after a bit of working out and re-regeristing.
avatar
bonson&hunt
Posts : 11
Join date : 2024-05-01

Forum return Empty First Unread Post

Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 am
Is this available here? Very useful on old site.
lowandhard
lowandhard
Posts : 15
Join date : 2024-05-02

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 18, 2024 1:29 pm
bonson&hunt wrote:Is this available here? Very useful on old site.
Is what available B&H?
Risca_Exile
Risca_Exile
Posts : 3
Join date : 2024-05-18

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 18, 2024 8:56 pm
Back on after re registering. Very Happy
avatar
bonson&hunt
Posts : 11
Join date : 2024-05-01

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sat May 18, 2024 10:16 pm
lowandhard wrote:
bonson&hunt wrote:Is this available here? Very useful on old site.
Is what available B&H?


Sorry got confused. I was meaning the "First Unread Post" feature where you can pick up where you left off & don't need to read old posts.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Posts : 14
Join date : 2024-04-30
https://www.weareexiles.net

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sun May 19, 2024 1:27 am
bonson&hunt wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
bonson&hunt wrote:Is this available here? Very useful on old site.
Is what available B&H?


Sorry got confused. I was meaning the "First Unread Post" feature where you can pick up where you left off & don't need to read old posts.

Check out the "last" button on the bottom of the page if you're viewing on mobile. (In between home and watched)
avatar
bonson&hunt
Posts : 11
Join date : 2024-05-01

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sun May 19, 2024 11:06 am
Thank you
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy
Posts : 45
Join date : 2024-05-01
Location : Caerphilly County

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 pm
Jack wrote:
bonson&hunt wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
bonson&hunt wrote:Is this available here? Very useful on old site.
Is what available B&H?


Sorry got confused. I was meaning the "First Unread Post" feature where you can pick up where you left off & don't need to read old posts.

Check out the "last" button on the bottom of the page if you're viewing on mobile. (In between home and watched)

It took me a couple of days to get used to the slightly different layout but generally I've found a way to do all that I've wanted to do (or found the work around). Any improvements will be noticed with increased numbers using the forum and with the membership using the forum more regularly. At the moment we're in the 'dead zone' between the end of one season and the beginning of another and with little happening while people holiday. I think what has been achieved in getting this forum back up and running so quickly is terrific...

Jack likes this post

Sponsored content

Forum return Empty Re: Forum return

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum