weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bonson&hunt

Wrexham - Times Up Already? Empty Wrexham - Times Up Already?

Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 pm

Lovells Athletico likes this post

wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wrexham - Times Up Already? Empty Re: Wrexham - Times Up Already?

Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 pm
"As they climb the leagues". But further up the pyramid a club rises, the more likely you are to attract investors.

They can't be too bothered by the £9.7 million owed to their joint company as they are investing some money into a Mexican club partly owned by Eva Longoria...
Lovells Athletico

Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 pm
According to their last financials and the  football finance experts Kieran O’Connor and Kieron Maguire, championship clubs lose on average £490,000 a week and some of these are clubs with strong commercial operations and big crowds.
Are Ryan and Ronnie going to sustain £2 Million a week loses as Wrexham waltz up through the leagues?
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 pm
The sensible thing to do is to consolidate for a few seasons in League 1. But I guess no-one will watch their TV series then...

Lovells Athletico and Mr Pontymister like this post

Mr Pontymister
Mr Pontymister

Thu May 02, 2024 11:37 am
I see their Wrexham series 3 starts this week. The media love in is nauseating at times. The benefits of not having Disney+ is that I can't be tempted to snoop at it. Only for the episode when County beat them at Rodney P. But that section will be seconds as they won't dwell on it. I see Reynolds was too busy with Deadpool 3 to fly in for last game v Stockport. He has hardly visited this season. Not sure how long his attention will last.
Paulm

Sun May 05, 2024 10:21 am
Wages in league one will be pushed higher because with birmingham Huddersfield and Rotherham coming down players will expect Wrexham to match them
Amberexile
Amberexile

Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 am
If it is true that he is collecting 8.5% interest on the money he has loaned them, I would imagine he will be happy to loan more as long as they can pay the interest. Nice little earner and he gets lots of publicity out of it too.
Taunton iron cider
Taunton iron cider

Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm
Isn’t it against EFL rules for Directors to treat money put into the Club as a loan?
Bangitintrnet

Sun May 05, 2024 1:25 pm
Probably directly rather than a company, as banks are companies.
Amberexile
Amberexile

Sun May 05, 2024 2:57 pm
It is against EFL rules for any loan to be used when calculating the amount available for the playing budget but I doubt it would take much to juggle the numbers sufficiently within the business if the loan is used to generate other income for example.
Bangitintrnet

Sun May 05, 2024 6:01 pm
I suppose you could say that the trust money could support a loan, and that was Jon Pratt's idea. However it wouldn't make the club sustainable long term.

Similarly you could say that £20k players fund would meet approximately 10% of say Luke Jephcott's 2 year contract, with the trust contributing the rest.

Either way, if those paying are unhappy about decisions it will appear to them money wasted, at least in the short term. The reality is that money is not spent on one item, but lots of different things.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum