weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Patrick

Courtney Baker-Richardson signs  Empty Courtney Baker-Richardson signs

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:20 am
Newport County have completed the signing of Courtney Baker-Richardson on a two-year contract, subject to international clearance and EFL approval.

The forward, who is the Exiles’ ninth signing of the summer, has put pen-to-paper on a deal that will see him remain with the club until the summer of 2026.

The 28-year-old returns to NP19 after a previous stint with County during the 2021-22 season, where he scored eight goals in 31 appearances.

Following his move from Rodney Parade in June 2022, Baker-Richardson joined League Two rivals Crewe Alexandra, where he made 73 appearances for the Railwaymen, netting 19 times before his contract expired earlier last month.

Baker-Richardson's career began at Coventry City, where he advanced through the youth ranks and made his senior debut in a 2013 FA Cup match against Hartlepool United.

Following his release from Coventry, he played for various non-league teams including Tamworth, Romulus, Nuneaton Town, Redditch, Kettering, and Leamington Town, where his impressive 22 goals in 62 appearances earned him a move to Premier League side Swansea City in August 2017.

In SA1, Baker-Richardson scored four times in 21 appearances before his release in October 2020. Across his career, he also shared spells at Accrington Stanley, Barrow AFC, and Barnet.

Expressing his joy at re-joining the club, Baker-Richardson said: “I’m very happy to get the deal over the line.

“I’ve obviously been at Newport before so I’m well aware of what is expected down here. I know the ambition of the club from when I was here. It’s a homely environment for me and I know what I must do to win the fans over."

Welcome back to the Exiles, Courtney!
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Courtney Baker-Richardson signs  Empty Re: Courtney Baker-Richardson signs

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:26 am
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/newport-county-complete-signing-courtney-baker-richardson

Courtney Baker-Richardson is back. At least we know what we're going to get.

For me this is a good signing. Averages around one goal in four games, but will work hard and create problems for the opposition defences.

Oldcromwellian and lowandhard like this post

lowandhard
lowandhard

Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:48 pm
I never rated him much but we seemed to miss his contribution when he left. He and Evans should work well enough.

TheHappyCrapper likes this post

sjg99
sjg99

Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:15 pm
Great signing, Telford wouldn't have scored half the goals he did without CBR's involvement and his role was very underrated in both giving Telford space and getting the ball to him in scoring positions, hopefully we can recreate something like that this season, 20+ goals from anyone would put us well on our way.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:43 am
sjg99 wrote:Great signing, Telford wouldn't have scored half the goals he did without CBR's involvement and his role was very underrated in both giving Telford space and getting the ball to him in scoring positions, hopefully we can recreate something like that this season, 20+ goals from anyone would put us well on our way.

I agree. I think he creates space for others and so whomever he is paired with should benefit. Plus a roughly 1 in 4 strike rate for Crewe would still provide him with a decent return himself. He was 1 in 3 last time for County...
Amberexile
Amberexile

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:51 am
We also now have a level of cover in case we get a late offer for Evans that HJ can't turn down.

wattsville_boy likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum