weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
1912 Exiles
1912 Exiles
https://shows.acast.com/1912exiles

Cocko's statement Empty Cocko's statement

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:42 pm
Cocko's statement GRLKPs-PXAAAs-UTS

Cheers for everything, gaffer.

Oldcromwellian likes this post

Stan A. Einstein
Stan A. Einstein

Cocko's statement Empty Re: Cocko's statement

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:20 pm
Class act from a class man.

He deserves nothing other than our praise, thanks and best wishes for his future.

1912 Exiles, Oldcromwellian, Trigger, TheHappyCrapper, AmberCelt, Risca_Exile and Owlsabout like this post

Risca_Exile
Risca_Exile

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:54 pm
He was given a almost imposable task, but with some tweaking and at times some not so desirable football he managed to keep us in the league, 2 seasons running. It wasn't always pretty but it done the job, and got us over the line . Thank you Graham.

1912 Exiles likes this post

bonson&hunt

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:50 pm
Always a gentleman! Class Act in an unclassy industry. Thank you Graham, always in our hearts!

1912 Exiles and Owlsabout like this post

wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:40 pm
I wouldn't disagree with any of the above comments. I have great admiration for how Graham and Joe went about their job on a limited budget. And without much public complaint about their lot. I think the statement issued acknowledges the appreciation he had for how he was received by the County fans.

But I don't think he would have been onboard for the change to signing young 'promising' players as opposed to those with experience (and possibly available cheaply due to a bad run of injuries). Our trust has to change to the new regime in the hope that it can lead to an upturn in fortunes. I'm unsure myself. It's partly exciting to see so many youngsters signed, but it is a risk. But as ever I reserve judgement until I see the team in action...
Taunton iron cider
Taunton iron cider

Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:49 am
The more I see of all these recent signings, the more I have come to realise that GC would never work in an environment where a Chairman autocratically signs and bequeaths him the playing squad.
In fact I can’t think of many Managers who would be prepared to work under such circumstances, surely the only positive from their perspective is that they can’t really be blamed should the players not deliver winning performances. Begging the question of who does take ownership of results?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum