weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
County exile
County exile

Kai Whitmore Empty Kai Whitmore

Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:12 am
CountyKiller
CountyKiller

Kai Whitmore Empty Re: Kai Whitmore

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:05 pm
50/50 about this one. We need to see 2 replacements for Benno and Charsley. This one replaces Waite.
County exile
County exile

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:12 pm
Or Charsley to sign up
CountyKiller
CountyKiller

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:15 pm
[quote="County exile"]Or Charsley to sign up[/quote

Who knows

I feel that he would have been announced by now. I think he's probably going down the Aaron Lewis route and getting trials.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:56 pm
CountyKiller wrote:50/50 about this one. We need to see 2 replacements for Benno and Charsley. This one replaces Waite.

I think you could say similar about many of the four signings this week. All young (22-24), but other than Glenning, no great experience. And no Head Coach with pre-season starting on Monday. It may be that HJ is getting all the young, promising players announced this week, but you'd hope that Charsley is agreed before pre-season starts (if he's going to stay).

I'm not getting unduly concerned because there are likely to be trialists invited to train with the squad and playing in friendlies, but we do need a bit more experience among the squad to help see the youngsters through the season...
Amberexile
Amberexile

Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:36 pm
wattsville_boy wrote:
CountyKiller wrote:50/50 about this one. We need to see 2 replacements for Benno and Charsley. This one replaces Waite.

I think you could say similar about many of the four signings this week.  All young (22-24), but other than Glenning, no great experience.  And no Head Coach with pre-season starting on Monday.  It may be that HJ is getting all the young, promising players announced this week, but you'd hope that Charsley is agreed before pre-season starts (if he's going to stay).

I'm not getting unduly concerned because there are likely to be trialists invited to train with the squad and playing in friendlies, but we do need a bit more experience among the squad to help see the youngsters through the season...

I think you are right about a bit more experience, our bench would look pretty thin if we started say this eleven...

Townsend
Clarke Jameson Brennan
Thomas Glennon
McLoughlin Wildig Morris
Evans Jephcott

and that's before we get the usual spate of injuries but plenty of time yet
George Guest

Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:06 pm
My immediate reaction was "Oh dear!".
1912 Exiles
1912 Exiles