weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
avatar
amrpeanut
Posts : 1
Join date : 2024-06-25

2024-2025 Kit Empty 2024-2025 Kit

Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:10 pm
Hi All

Does anyone know when the 2024-25 kit will be released (I assume it's still VX3?) or likely to be released

Hopefully it will make reference to the formation of Newport AFC as it's 35 years ago this year when the phoenix club was formed. Maybe a remake of the first Newport AFC kit? (Not the JLA one in 1989 of course!)

TIA
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy
Posts : 94
Join date : 2024-05-01
Location : Caerphilly County

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:24 pm
amrpeanut wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know when the 2024-25 kit will be released (I assume it's still VX3?) or likely to be released

Hopefully it will make reference to the formation of Newport AFC as it's 35 years ago this year when the phoenix club was formed. Maybe a remake of the first Newport AFC kit? (Not the JLA one in 1989 of course!)

TIA

No idea. But it struck me seeing two new recruits in last years kit isn't the look the club should be looking for really.

It's eight and a half weeks since the end of last season. You'd think for a club with a lower than average budget for League 2 would be looking to generate revenue uring the close season. You'd think they would, at the very least, have communicated a date for the release of the home kit, with the away kit possibly timed to be released as the season starts.

But this is a club that waited until 20th June before sacking a Manager that had lost the last 8 games of last season and now face a race to appoint a Head Coach before pre-season starts. Perhaps HJ is not the great administrator he'd have us believe...

Oldcromwellian likes this post

sjg99
sjg99
Posts : 17
Join date : 2024-05-13

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:15 am
Friars Walk shop is closed on 9/10 July so guessing the first kit launch of the summer (if not all) will tie in with that timescale, and expecting at least one new shirt to be announced by Wednesday maybe to buy as soon as Thursday, based on that.

Mr Hamid likes this post

sjg99
sjg99
Posts : 17
Join date : 2024-05-13

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:40 pm
Oh and also first match is 3 and a bit days away, while it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to play in the previous season's kit, teams do tend to try and get the new stuff out for pre-season games.
County exile
County exile
Posts : 16
Join date : 2024-05-07
Age : 73
Location : Frome, Somerset

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:16 am
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy
Posts : 94
Join date : 2024-05-01
Location : Caerphilly County

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:20 am
County exile wrote:https://fb.watch/tfmZ7uTWue/

Okay I get that there is an image of the Transporter Bridge embedded in the shirt but it's still very bland isn't it? And bland doesn't get my money.

Lets hope that there has been more imagination shown with the Away shirt or that they've gone absolutely crazy with the Third kit. I'm not holding my breath though. It seems VX3 just don't want to offend anyone by producing shirts that produce little to nil negative reaction. It's soooo boring....
avatar
TheHappyCrapper
Posts : 13
Join date : 2024-05-04

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:49 am
Like the new home shirt. Nice and simple. Colours and detailing spot on. Hope the football on the pitch adds the glamour to our team this season🙏🏼🧡🖤

Patrick likes this post

Oldcromwellian
Oldcromwellian
Posts : 19
Join date : 2024-05-01

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:14 pm
wattsville_boy wrote:
amrpeanut wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know when the 2024-25 kit will be released (I assume it's still VX3?) or likely to be released

Hopefully it will make reference to the formation of Newport AFC as it's 35 years ago this year when the phoenix club was formed. Maybe a remake of the first Newport AFC kit? (Not the JLA one in 1989 of course!)

TIA

No idea.  But it struck me seeing two new recruits in last years kit isn't the look the club should be looking for really.

It's eight and a half weeks since the end of last season.  You'd think for a club with a lower than average budget for League 2 would be looking to generate revenue uring the close season.  You'd think they would, at the very least, have communicated a date for the release of the home kit, with the away kit possibly timed to be released as the season starts.

But this is a club that waited until 20th June before sacking a Manager that had lost the last 8 games of last season and now face a race to appoint a Head Coach before pre-season starts.  Perhaps HJ is not the great administrator he'd have us believe...

Think many overlook the fact that HJ has 'taken on' the County apparently single handedly, unlike Swansea where he was a minor shareholder with a wealthy consortium of 8 others, and other major investors/directors who would be making decisions, at club board level: rather than 2 ex Trust directors. Judging HJ capabilities on his previous history with Swansea, I regard as an irrelevance, as it's simply not comparing like with like. He's got it all to prove at County yet.

Taunton iron cider likes this post

Amberexile
Amberexile
Posts : 50
Join date : 2024-05-03

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:50 am
Oldcromwellian wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
amrpeanut wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know when the 2024-25 kit will be released (I assume it's still VX3?) or likely to be released

Hopefully it will make reference to the formation of Newport AFC as it's 35 years ago this year when the phoenix club was formed. Maybe a remake of the first Newport AFC kit? (Not the JLA one in 1989 of course!)

TIA

No idea.  But it struck me seeing two new recruits in last years kit isn't the look the club should be looking for really.

It's eight and a half weeks since the end of last season.  You'd think for a club with a lower than average budget for League 2 would be looking to generate revenue uring the close season.  You'd think they would, at the very least, have communicated a date for the release of the home kit, with the away kit possibly timed to be released as the season starts.

But this is a club that waited until 20th June before sacking a Manager that had lost the last 8 games of last season and now face a race to appoint a Head Coach before pre-season starts.  Perhaps HJ is not the great administrator he'd have us believe...

Think many overlook the fact that HJ has 'taken on' the County apparently single handedly, unlike Swansea where he was a minor shareholder with a wealthy consortium of 8 others, and other major investors/directors who would be making decisions, at club board level: rather than 2 ex Trust directors. Judging HJ capabilities  on his previous history with Swansea, I regard as an irrelevance, as it's simply not comparing like with like. He's got it all to prove at County yet.


Maybe the design of the new kit is an example of an area where the Trust could be used by HJ to represent the views of the fans and make some decisions in future?

Oldcromwellian and wattsville_boy like this post

Stan A. Einstein
Stan A. Einstein
Posts : 30
Join date : 2024-05-01

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:03 pm
To be clear, I am not for one moment suggesting that this is not a suitable subject to discuss and I am fully aware that for many people the nuances of our kit is a matter of endless fascination.

However in my nearly 60 years of following Newport County I have seen County play in shirts coloured blue and white, tangerine, burnt orange, old gold amber, bright yellow amber. Not to mention Inter Milan blue and black at Blackpool and striped shorts v Brentford.

Just out of interest, am I alone in not caring one iota about the colour of the shirts we wear?
avatar
excessbee
Posts : 6
Join date : 2024-05-08

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:39 pm
I like the new shirt..... because of its simplicity. As always, I hope for another straightforward away shirt but I won't hold my breath on that one.

TheHappyCrapper likes this post

Sponsored content

2024-2025 Kit Empty Re: 2024-2025 Kit

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum