weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Amberexile
Amberexile

Ciaran Brennan Empty Ciaran Brennan

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:32 am
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Ciaran Brennan Empty Re: Ciaran Brennan

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:50 am

As with yesterdays signing, he's 24 years old, 6 foot 2 tall, but only has 11 games experience at League 1 and 17 games at League 2, with some National league and cup games too, so hardly a vastly experienced player at this level, though he will have trained with the Wednesday squad for six year and possibly warmed the bench in that time.

This is likely to be a pattern for County signings this season I guess. Players that aren't yet at their physical peak, that need some 'work on' in their football skills or abilities in the hope that they can flourish and become worthy of a sell-on fee. And that just indicates where County sit at the moment. Does that excite me? To some degree yes, but it also gives me a certain level of trepidation. These are largely unknown quantities that could flourish, or could fail. And County have yet to appoint a Head Coach tasked to bring the best out of these players (and the ones already on the books).

I would feel happier with news of that appointment.
Amberexile
Amberexile

Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:02 pm
I'm told he was a victim of Wednesday staying up last season  but that is pure rumour.

But yes, he's done some bench warming and some EFL Cup and EFL Trophy matches as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum