weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Stan A. Einstein
Stan A. Einstein

The other board Empty The other board

Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:31 am
As you will know I read but don't comment on the AllthingsCounty message board. This simply because I don't want to spoil the fun of those who don't want to read those interminable arguments that my, on occasions, controversial views lead to. I was therefore surprised that even without my participation I am subject of a thread on that board. Although as another Irish genius Oscar Wilde said the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. Very Happy

So thank you for those who defended me. Also Chris Davies is entirely correct I would not have any interest in the standing for the Trust Board even if I did live in Newport. Simply because it is my opinion that Newport County are now owned by Huw Jenkins and the Trust Board will have no say into the future direction of Newport County.

I should add that I am totally in favour of freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to air those opinions. And I certainly took no offence at anything Chris wrote.

My view is that for me at least, is to have credibility we need to be accountable. Everyone knows who I am, you can even see my photograph. On those rare occasions when hyperbole gets the better of me I withdraw remarks and if I have been unfair I apologise. And I certainly don't apologise when I'm not sorry.

If Rogerturds wants to have an unpleasant little anonymous dig at me then s/he is perfectly entitled to do so. Next time I'm over I'll let you all know and Roger, I'll happily buy you and Bangit' a pint and you can make your criticisms of me and my views to my face.

bonson&hunt likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum