weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Amberexile
Amberexile

Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet? Empty Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet?

Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:45 pm
Anybody in the know as to what is happening?
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet? Empty Re: Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet?

Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:09 am
No idea. Guess we'll know when we know...
Amberexile
Amberexile

Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet? Empty Re: Have we agreed a new deal on Rodney Parade yet?

Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:22 am
I'm sure we will. Last year the EFL AGM was held on 8th June and is used as a deadline for clubs coming up from the conference for things such as to start work on replacing a plastic pitch if necessary. I have no idea what the deadline is for us to have this agreed and in place in order to be able to play next season and would expect the EFL to be more accommodating to an existing club. When are the fixtures due out?
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:25 pm
Amberexile wrote:I'm sure we will. Last year the EFL AGM was held on 8th June and is used as a deadline for clubs coming up from the conference for things such as to start work on replacing a plastic pitch if necessary. I have no idea what the deadline is for us to have this agreed and in place in order to be able to play next season and would expect the EFL to be more accommodating to an existing club. When are the fixtures due out?

I know the answer to this one - 26th June 9.00...
Amberexile
Amberexile

Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 am
wattsville_boy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I'm sure we will. Last year the EFL AGM was held on 8th June and is used as a deadline for clubs coming up from the conference for things such as to start work on replacing a plastic pitch if necessary. I have no idea what the deadline is for us to have this agreed and in place in order to be able to play next season and would expect the EFL to be more accommodating to an existing club. When are the fixtures due out?

As it is now 27th June, can we assume that we have a deal in place but that we just haven;t been told about it yet?
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:03 pm
Amberexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

As it is now 27th June, can we assume that we have a deal in place but that we just haven;t been told about it yet?

I was answering the question to when the fixture list was released, not when we'd know about the lease. I think HJ is playing hardball with the Dragons to get a better deal long term to the terms offered last season. County's current agreement I think runs until the end of this forthcoming season and looking at the announcement from the WRU regarding their five year plan for Rugby in Wales, I do wonder whether the Dragons are waiting to find out whether the funding gap can be closed, or whether the Dragons may be a region that will be facing lower revenue streams in the future from the WRU. They'll know more in October...
Amberexile
Amberexile

Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:31 pm
wattsville_boy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

I was answering the question to when the fixture list was released, not when we'd know about the lease.  I think HJ is playing hardball with the Dragons to get a better deal long term to the terms offered last season.  County's current agreement I think runs until the end of this forthcoming season and looking at the announcement from the WRU regarding their five year plan for Rugby in Wales, I do wonder whether the Dragons are waiting to find out whether the funding gap can be closed, or whether the Dragons may be a region that will be facing lower revenue streams in the future from the WRU.  They'll know more in October...

Ah I see. According to the BBC, "their lease agreement finished at the end of the 2023-24 season.". What I was hoping was that there would have been an announcement by now that included the details of a home friendly in the two week gap between that last one currently scheduled at Kidderminster and the start of the season. I believe we will fill that gap.
Oldcromwellian
Oldcromwellian

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:54 am
SWA reporting today that an agreement on a 10 year lease has been agree in principle, with just a few i's to be dotted and t's crossed before signatures are made.
Amberexile
Amberexile

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:06 am
Oldcromwellian wrote:SWA reporting today that an agreement on a 10 year lease has been agree in principle, with just a few i's to be dotted and t's crossed before signatures are made.

That's excellent news, it sounds a bit further along than the infamous agreed in principle state as well. Hopefully the announcement of a friendly preferably at RP weekend of 3rd August will follow shortly.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:03 pm
Amberexile wrote:
Oldcromwellian wrote:SWA reporting today that an agreement on a 10 year lease has been agree in principle, with just a few i's to be dotted and t's crossed before signatures are made.

That's excellent news, it sounds a bit further along than the infamous agreed in principle state as well. Hopefully the announcement of a friendly preferably at RP weekend of 3rd August will follow shortly.

Hereford away on that date. No home friendlies.
Amberexile
Amberexile

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:37 pm
wattsville_boy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

Hereford away on that date.  No home friendlies.

Cheers, I wasn't aware of that one. That allows me to organise several other things around the football now Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum