weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
neilcork68

Transfer Rumours  Empty Transfer Rumours

Wed May 22, 2024 9:09 am
First name I've seen linked with us........Jai Rowe......from Boston....a young centre half.(.22 year old )
George Guest

Transfer Rumours  Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Wed May 22, 2024 9:26 am
Boston are in National League North. He has L2 experience with Scunthorpe.
bonson&hunt

Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 am
Just been promoted
ajs

Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am
Swansea City goalkeeper Ewan Griffiths has announced that he will be leaving this summer to join a new team, he's 18
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wed May 22, 2024 12:10 pm
neilcork68 wrote:First name I've seen linked with us........Jai Rowe......from Boston....a young centre half.(.22 year old )

Young, RB/defensive midfield, promoted last season (having played 31 games for Boston, suggests he can defend). Much to like, if rumours true.

If County are signing a RB that could mean either a) Mcloughlin could be sold, b) there could be a change in system and McLoughlin could be playing as a winger next season, c) Rowe is signed as cover/competition for McLoughlin, with a plan for him to be transitioned to the higher level of football.

Or d) none of the above... Very Happy
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wed May 22, 2024 12:26 pm
ajs wrote:Swansea City goalkeeper Ewan Griffiths has announced that he will be leaving this summer to join a new team, he's 18

The only information I can find on him is that he's with Elite Management, but last time I looked the County squad were evenly spread across many Football Agencies, so whomever represents him does not pose as large a concern as it did when Flynn was in charge.

I don't have a problem with an 18 year old back-up GK, other than the slight concern about how much competition Townsend then faces for his position (and whether some complacency enters into his game as a consequence). Should there be any medium to long term injury a replacement GK can be signed outside any window.

And I guess if he's decided to move on, which his post on X suggests, it seems to show he's keen to progress in football, so will be hunfry to progress. And HJ must still have people in the Swansea set-up that can give him the run-down on his abilities and possible trajectory...
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Wed May 22, 2024 12:31 pm
Can I just say how great it is to have some rumours to speculate on. It's better than trawling the released lists from EFL sides and trying to find players that could be worth a punt.

The two names above are possibly the areas County are looking at - young, with promise, but inexperienced at this level. And if they can prove competence may earn some money on selling on...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum