Re: Team for Accrington.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 11:01 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:58 pm I for one won’t be sad to see the back of Lewis. He’s a defender who can’t defend. Whoop de-doo that he’s got a cultured left foot. The Lewis lovers need to grow up.
Maybe, or maybe those who believe we can afford/attract 2 better left backs/wing backs need to get real. It's a 50/50 for me.
Sorry, posted it twice. Yeh fair point, I just feel he’s a liability more than anything else. I’d rather just gamble on someone else at this point.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 9th, 2024, 11:02 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 11:01 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:58 pm I for one won’t be sad to see the back of Lewis. He’s a defender who can’t defend. Whoop de-doo that he’s got a cultured left foot. The Lewis lovers need to grow up.
Maybe, or maybe those who believe we can afford/attract 2 better left backs/wing backs need to get real. It's a 50/50 for me.
Sorry, posted it twice. Yeh fair point, I just feel he’s a liability more than anything else. I’d rather just gamble on someone else at this point.
I presume you mean for next season? With Bondswell also going off injured, and Lewis likely to be banned for 3 games, I presume Evans will have to play LWB the remaining 3 games. As for next season I do think the manger will have little scope given our financial position, in not offering most (not all ) of those out of contract, new contracts for next season. Can't see there being much interest for any of them from elsewhere. Of course with probably 5 different loanees, it could make a difference.

One of us under the youtube highlights claiming Accrington's second and third were offside when they clearly weren't. We don't need to be that desperate.
I'm not sure GC should be going on about how knackered the team are, possibly giving a psychological advantage to our future opponents. Perhaps he's protecting himself, I dunno.
I reckon we've got enough to beat Tranmere on Saturday if we don't over-train this week.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:57 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:42 pm Anyone on the Bisley side saw the Lewis incident.If only he showed that fight during the game.Depends what it was so,could be a three match ban.
He certainly jumped off his feet to challenge for the ball, and would be deemed reckless and out of control. Yet my viewing was he made full contact with the ball and minor contact with the opposition player thereafter. Personally saw it as a yellow, yet ref after consulting with his assistant and receiving plenty of advice from Accrington's players gave a red. Couldn't see if there was any aggregating factors during the melee that followed.
Watching on iFollow I could not see why Lewis was sent off, certainly worthy of an appeal. Equally I thought both Accrington goals in the second half were offside, and with the linesman having indicated Newport’s goal as legitimate couldn’t understand the referee’s decision there either.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: April 10th, 2024, 7:36 am
Percy plunkett wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:42 pm Anyone on the Bisley side saw the Lewis incident.If only he showed that fight during the game.Depends what it was so,could be a three match ban.
He certainly jumped off his feet to challenge for the ball, and would be deemed reckless and out of control. Yet my viewing was he made full contact with the ball and minor contact with the opposition player thereafter. Personally saw it as a yellow, yet ref after consulting with his assistant and receiving plenty of advice from Accrington's players gave a red. Couldn't see if there was any aggregating factors during the melee that followed.
Watching on iFollow I could not see why Lewis was sent off, certainly worthy of an appeal. Equally I thought both Accrington goals in the second half were offside, and with the linesman having indicated Newport’s goal as legitimate couldn’t understand the referee’s decision there either.
Not sure that Accringtons 2nd goal was offside as it appears the last pass was backwards or level. For our '2nd goal' don't ever recall a linesman keeping his flag down, thus allowing the goal, and then the referee initiating the conversation with him, after which the linesman raised his flag.
Certainly agree that Lewis' red card is worthy of an appeal.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 10th, 2024, 8:16 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: April 10th, 2024, 7:36 am
Not sure that Accringtons 2nd goal was offside as it appears the last pass was backwards or level. For our '2nd goal' don't ever recall a linesman keeping his flag down, thus allowing the goal, and then the referee initiating the conversation with him, after which the linesman raised his flag.
Certainly agree that Lewis' red card is worthy of an appeal.
I assume the conversation between referee and linesman for the disallowed goal was to about whether Zanzala touched the ball. It looked like he was in an offside position but wouldn't have been interfering with play or an opponent if the ball missed his leg.

I thought Accrington's 2nd was offside and couldn't really see why County's '2nd' was disallowed. But then the highlights are not showing a fair 'cross the pitch' perspective. Lewis' red card appeared to be for a robust challenge which may have caught the opponents leg but it was the Accrington player's reaction that sparked the melee. All a bit handbags. The challenge wasn't even worthy of a yellow and it should have been the Accrington player who got the red for reacting.

Personally I would have sent them all off for fighting like girls...