Question.

It's covered in a number of topics but there is one question I would like to ask all the readers of this board.

I accept fully this is a serious allegation. I accept fully that in and of itself honest failures in the management of Newport County whilst worthy of criticism are not in and of themselves capital offences. None of us haven't at some stage in our lives f@cked things up completely. So to the question.

I believe that the previous board of Newport County lied to supporters about the true financial position of Newport County AFC. Is there anyone who would care to disagree with that simple proposition?

Re: Question.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:30 pm It's covered in a number of topics but there is one question I would like to ask all the readers of this board.

I accept fully this is a serious allegation. I accept fully that in and of itself honest failures in the management of Newport County whilst worthy of criticism are not in and of themselves capital offences. None of us haven't at some stage in our lives f@cked things up completely. So to the question.

I believe that the previous board of Newport County lied to supporters about the true financial position of Newport County AFC. Is there anyone who would care to disagree with that simple proposition?
Because quite simply they haven't, but they have dealt with a lot of issues and done better than 18 other clubs, most of which spent much more. But of course that has no meaning to someone who doesn't go.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:43 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:30 pm It's covered in a number of topics but there is one question I would like to ask all the readers of this board.

Because quite simply they haven't, but they have dealt with a lot of issues and done better than 18 other clubs, most of which spent much more. But of course that has no meaning to someone who doesn't go.
We're not talking about promotion and relegation. But it's not 18 clubs is it? Some of the relegated clubs are back in the league some in League 1. But on your dubious figures if 18 clubs had been relegated 36 would have been promoted.. So out of 24 clubs in League 2, 36 have done better than us. That is the logic of what you are saying.

However inadvertently you do raise a point. You are as thick as two short planks and I suppose it is possible Gavin Foxall is as intellectually challenged as you. It is possible Peter Madigan is as intellectually challenged as you. It is possible that Kevin Ward is as intellectually challenged as you.

But all of them that stupid. I don't think so.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:21 pm

We're not talking about promotion and relegation. But it's not 18 clubs is it? Some of the relegated clubs are back in the league some in League 1. But on your dubious figures if 18 clubs had been relegated 36 would have been promoted.. So out of 24 clubs in League 2, 36 have done better than us. That is the logic of what you are saying.

However inadvertently you do raise a point. You are as thick as two short planks and I suppose it is possible Gavin Foxall is as intellectually challenged as you. It is possible Peter Madigan is as intellectually challenged as you. It is possible that Kevin Ward is as intellectually challenged as you.

Did those 36 clubs have the budget we have had? And quite a few have been both promoted and relegated. Both our playoff finalists for instance..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:50 pm

Did those 36 clubs have the budget we have had? And quite a few have been both promoted and relegated. Both our playoff finalists for instance..........

Our budget in the seasons we got to the play offs was in the top 6 !

Exile 1976 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:51 pm

Is that a fact, mmmm

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:56 pm

Is that a fact, mmmm
Yes it is

Sure I recall Foxhall saying that was the case for season 20/21, but don't recall it being said about our previous play-off season.
However, in answer to Stan's question .Yes I have no doubt supporters were lied to about the clubs finances.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 2:33 pm

Sure I recall Foxhall saying that was the case for season 20/21, but don't recall it being said about our previous play-off season.
However, in answer to Stan's question .Yes I have no doubt supporters were lied to about the clubs finances.
Yes, misled/lied to/ wool pulled over our eyes/not given any transparency over financial matters, or whatever grade of obfuscation you choose to express the situation. My overall feelings initially were anger but now I feel a great sadness that the true owners of this football club who will carry it forward in whatever guise in the succeeding decades and hopefully into the next century ie the fans, were not appraised of of the possible problems ahead. We saved this club once and then put together the money to take over from Les Scadding yet were not given any opportunity to play a part at a time when something could have been done. Shame on whoever were party to keeping the truth hidden. Shame,shame and of course what a shame we are back in private ownership.
Having said all that, so far HJ seems to be proving an astute owner in his early decisions and I, of course, wish him all the best.

lowandhard wrote: April 9th, 2024, 4:25 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 2:33 pm

Yes, misled/lied to/ wool pulled over our eyes/not given any transparency over financial matters, or whatever grade of obfuscation you choose to express the situation. My overall feelings initially were anger but now I feel a great sadness that the true owners of this football club who will carry it forward in whatever guise in the succeeding decades and hopefully into the next century ie the fans, were not appraised of of the possible problems ahead. We saved this club once and then put together the money to take over from Les Scadding yet were not given any opportunity to play a part at a time when something could have been done. Shame on whoever were party to keeping the truth hidden. Shame,shame and of course what a shame we are back in private ownership.
Having said all that, so far HJ seems to be proving an astute owner in his early decisions and I, of course, wish him all the best.
Excellent summation dear boy.

Not so - people on committees/boards are not always and not necessarily in possession of the full facts until they have become clear - its quite possible they had little inkling of the gravity of the financial situation. My view is that nobody 'lied' but possibly somebody should have known. Question people's competence by all means but to question their integrity, which a 'lie' would be a breach of, is another matter.

Equally communication with supporters was 'secret squirrel' as which leads to [in my view incorrect] allegations of this type - withhold information and you immediately arouse suspicion.

CathedralCounty wrote: April 10th, 2024, 8:32 am

Not so - people on committees/boards are not always and not necessarily in possession of the full facts until they have become clear - its quite possible they had little inkling of the gravity of the financial situation. My view is that nobody 'lied' but possibly somebody should have known. Question people's competence by all means but to question their integrity, which a 'lie' would be a breach of, is another matter.

Equally communication with supporters was 'secret squirrel' as which leads to [in my view incorrect] allegations of this type - withhold information and you immediately arouse suspicion.
I disagree with your premise. But let's say for the sake of argument you are right.

If you say that everything financially is 'on target' when you don't know then you are still lying.

And whilst I would agree that some of the directors might be guilty of simply not doing their job, the club were losing £3,000 a day. That's not an oversight on the part of the finance director.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 10th, 2024, 9:29 am
CathedralCounty wrote: April 10th, 2024, 8:32 am

I disagree with your premise. But let's say for the sake of argument you are right.

If you say that everything financially is 'on target' when you don't know then you are still lying.

And whilst I would agree that some of the directors might be guilty of simply not doing their job, the club were losing £3,000 a day. That's not an oversight on the part of the finance director.
That is of course if you believe that Stan has put thousands directly into the club coffers over the years.

If you believe that covid had no financial affect, or that drainage and two pitch renewals had no affect, and it was all Gavin Foxall's fault........ for not building a new ground.