Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:16 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:04 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:47 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:38 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 12:32 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 12th, 2024, 11:51 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:39 am
Stow Hill Sid wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:25 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:11 am To me it highlights a particular issue, that of deciding there is a problem, without looking at how others have overcome that perceived problem.......

I think that Stow Hill Sid represents the majority view when he stated, "we ran the club, gave it away, why would we want to run it again?"

I would take it one stage further, and say that the trust membership didn't want to actually run the club in the first place. What they wanted to do was 'save' the club, and the subscriptions paid were mostly from older fans who felt indebted, as they couldn't 'save' the original.

That for me is the problem, no one actually wants to look too closely regarding the detail of running the club, and what solutions have to be found, because we basically don't want to do it.

If we don't want to do it, what's the point in having two representatives on the club board simply treading water until HJ has had enough and someone buys the club?
Oh you've got your sensible hat on today. The Trust couldn't run our football club. We know that. We've given the club to Huw Jenkins because the majority of Trust members believed that was the best course of action (the irony...oh don't take me there). The point of having two Trust representatives on the Board (if that's what Uncle Huw wants (I'm going to start referring to him as 'Uncle Huw' (it makes me happy)) is purely symbolic. Uncle Huw can claim all decisions were made in conjunction with the supporters. The fan-base were in agreement. I don't blame him at all. I'd do the same.
That's the perception, but the fact is they run the football club for 8 seasons.

The other perception is that the club shouldn't have debt. So therefore we are asking those in charge to not run a business, because a good business uses other people's money and makes it into more money. Obviously that's not the case if the business is incuring debt paying duplicate money for several management and players but spreading it over the contracted period. Likewise Covid or paying for pitch renewal through increased rental over a longer period.

None of which matters if the trust membership doesn't want to run the club, because it doesn't want to have to deal with those things.

So the result is I have paid x over the years and it's gone, because it was used running the club, and I wanted it used to save the club.

Now do we have enough people on the trust board to actually run a trust that looks after away travel and half time draw?
I believe that if we get rid of the current board en masse we will find enough people willing and able to rum the Trust who could then go on and run the club.
I think you are in a minority with that view, and suspect the recently conducted trust survey will provide an idea of what is likely.
Me too, but I only need to be in a minority of 6 people. The difficulty will be getting rid of the current Board if any of them try to cling on.
I don't think that is likely, more likely that the trust is running without the required numbers. I can see it running with 1 person shortly.
If nobody tries to cling to the wreckage, that’s great. They just need to come out and say so then hold the elections as they should have done before giving the club away. Job done.
Hold elections for what? There's no interest?
You can't possibly know that unless you hold elections.

Re: Season 22/23 accounts

If you don't hold elections you will never know whether there is interest or not. And if you don't hold elections, what do you propose? Kevin 'Four Tickets' Ward and Gavin 'I'm off to consider my position' Foxall simply declare themselves the supporters representatives of the County Board.

Face it Bangit', my belief is that the overwhelming majority of County supporters don't want that pair within a hundred miles of our club. Of course I could be wrong, let's have an election and see. 8)

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:26 pm

If you don't hold elections you will never know whether there is interest or not. And if you don't hold elections, what do you propose? Kevin 'Four Tickets' Ward and Gavin 'I'm off to consider my position' Foxall simply declare themselves the supporters representatives of the County Board.

Face it Bangit', my belief is that the overwhelming majority of County supporters don't want that pair within a hundred miles of our club. Of course I could be wrong, let's have an election and see. 8)
You can only have an election if someone is prepared to stand. Why not ask Chris if anyone else apart from him has shown an interest?

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:31 pm

You can only have an election if someone is prepared to stand. Why not ask Chris if anyone else apart from him has shown an interest?
I've got a better idea of how to find out. Hold an election :lol:

Amberexile wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:49 pm

I have absolutely no objection to an election, but you have to have candidates standing...........

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:57 am

I have absolutely no objection to an election, but you have to have candidates standing...........
I'm glad you've changed your mind since you wrote "Hold elections for what? There's no interest?". Let's get on with those elections as soon as possible.

Amberexile wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:26 am

I'm glad you've changed your mind since you wrote "Hold elections for what? There's no interest?". Let's get on with those elections as soon as possible.
Fine, with what? As someone who didn't agree with the 98% vote in favour of HJ, it still alludes you, that absolutely no one wants to run the club, or run the trust......

Furthermore why not you and Stan apply, as it's so important to you? I would actively encourage that by voting for you both, as the trust doesn't run the club.

However, if the trust decide that only those elected to the trust board, can be elected to the club board as representatives, then I would take a different view......

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:33 am

Fine, with what? As someone who didn't agree with the 98% vote in favour of HJ, it still alludes you, that absolutely no one wants to run the club, or run the trust......

Furthermore why not you and Stan apply, as it's so important to you? I would actively encourage that by voting for you both, as the trust doesn't run the club.

However, if the trust decide that only those elected to the trust board, can be elected to the club board as representatives, then I would take a different view......
I know of three people willing to stand so to say that absolutely no one wants to run the trust is untrue.
Fortunately even the failed Board do not share your view and have committed to holding elections. Only two things stand in the way of getting the new blood in, time and the failed board managing to arrange a properly quorate SGM.

You may not want elections but I know that given time they will happen and we can sweep out the dead wood and start again.

Come the glorious day brothers :grin:

Paul, do recall years ago you and me disagreed about whether O'Connor's red card v Plymouth was the correct decision? I thought it was, you thought it should have been a yellow.

And that sums up the problem of arguing with Bangit'. You see, whereas most of us will disagree on occasions with each others views, Bangit' simply disagrees with people.

For those who watch Countdown I can envisage Susie Dent on dictionary corner explaining this one.

"So why do we call people who utterly obnoxious and disliked by everyone 'disagreeable'? Well this comes from a person or possibly persons unknown called Bangitinthenet on a football message board. He was thoroughly obnoxious and disliked by every other user of the board because of his/their habit of constantly disagreeing with people regardless of what they said"

Amberexile wrote: April 13th, 2024, 9:39 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:33 am

I know of three people willing to stand so to say that absolutely no one wants to run the trust is untrue.
Fortunately even the failed Board do not share your view and have committed to holding elections. Only two things stand in the way of getting the new blood in, time and the failed board managing to arrange a properly quorate SGM.

You may not want elections but I know that given time they will happen and we can sweep out the dead wood and start again.

Come the glorious day brothers :grin:
Where have I said I didn't want elections for the trust?

What I don't want is the elections for the club board, because I want those people to be able to work with HJ on delivering the club back to the Trust. Now the issue is having elections in the first place for the trust, and appointing people who don't want the club to be run by the Trust again. Nothing else.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 12:46 pm We have posters saying that being on the club board is simply living it up. So why is it that at present only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board? We know we need at least 6 and currently only have 4, who have all stated that they wish to resign....
Where have each of the 4 directors said they will resign?

How do people put themselves forward formally to join the board?

Amberexile wrote: April 14th, 2024, 8:55 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 12:46 pm We have posters saying that being on the club board is simply living it up. So why is it that at present only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board? We know we need at least 6 and currently only have 4, who have all stated that they wish to resign....
Where have each of the 4 directors said they will resign?

How do people put themselves forward formally to join the board?
In the last trust meeting, I didn't go, but that's what I was told happened. What Chris is quoting is the trust policy which states that they can resign, but sit again if voted back in.