Re: Grandstand - Colchester v County

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 29th, 2024, 10:14 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: March 29th, 2024, 10:07 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:58 pm
rncfc wrote: March 29th, 2024, 6:38 pm In fairness, it's been a very long season for a lot of players. You don't often see ever-presents in the modern game, and we've had a few who've played a lot. Let's just finish as strongly as we can and set ourselves up for next year. Personally, I'm very proud of the effort these boys have put in, a bit of strengthening (maybe 2 or 3) and the retention of key players, and I think we'll be in the top 7 next season.
I agree with your analysis.

One question. My own view is that Coughlan has done brilliantly with that with which he has had to work with. And if it were my decision I would offer him an extented contract. However it is not my decision. Do you, or indeed anyone else have any views not as to whether he should be the manager but rather whether he will still be our manager in August?
I think he's deserved an opportunity to continue after this season. I wouldn't offer him an extension at this point, rather wait until November to see how the club is performing next season.

I think injuries have ultimately ruined the season, and possibly trying to function with such a small squad. I've said it before but I really wish we'd try and find either full backs that can come forward or wing backs that can defend. If we can't find either then I'd be much happier with full backs and buck the trend of playing with 3/5 at the back and settling for 4-4-2 with full backs and wingers. We are to easy to attack on either flank atm.

I'm guessing it'll be virtually same players on Monday but Bright looked a better option to Payne on the right side and if Will Evans isn't scoring then he remains the best option on the left side of defence (unless Sanca can play there). We're almost at the stage at looking at youngsters in positions to see whether they could make the step up to this level.

But still hasn't been a bad season. Just team is dying on the run in. They've literally out on their legs...
Agreeing with this, especially about the manager. Can't see HJ being in any rush to offering an extension close season.
Why would he? Coughlan’s contract runs until the end of next season.

Re: Grandstand - Colchester v County

Jonesy3 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 10:14 am

Why would he? Coughlan’s contract runs until the end of next season.
I am saying what I would do, not what I expect Huw Jenkins to do.

However my question stems from the half time interview in the Manchester United game. Huw Jenkins stood next to Mike Flynn whilst Flynn criticised Graham Coughlan's tactics. My question was do you think Huw Jenkins will retain Graham Coughlan or do you think he will bring in his own man. As always I'm interested in that which others think.