THE TRUST'S CONSULTATION PROCESS

The Trust AGM on the 25 January was followed by an “informal meeting with members to discuss the future of the Trust”. This informal meeting did take place. The purpose of the meeting was to canvas initial thoughts on three matters:

1. How the Trust should be run in the future. (I don't know if this includes whether the Trust should be run at all but I doubt it!).

2. How we should elect two new directors for the board of the football club and what we should expect of them;

3. How the Trust can represent the interests of supporters and best support the club under the new ownership model.

There will also be a survey of Trust members as a follow up.

Each one of the above list is a complicated matters and in my opinion too complicated for a survey alone to tackle. But at least it's an attempt at the involvement of the Trust members and that should be applauded. Having been at the meeting, I am not sure of how valid suggestions from the floor were, bearing in mind the complexities and the relatively small time to consider the issues. I am not even sure if anyone, on behalf of the Trust Board was taking note of the points made. Post the meeting, there has been no communication on it setting out the suggestions made,.

Doubtless, someone on the BOD or on behalf of the BOD will be currently designing this survey. That needs a careful design in order not to lead the result in particular directions but without going the other way and being meaningless. Whatever, I think that survey needs to be out quickly, as almost three weeks have already gone and a Special General Meeting is to be called in March or April to “make formal decisions”. So, that timetable seems to assume that the whole consultative process has been completed and the Board, by mid April at the latest, has taken the time to take proper consideration of that consultative process in order to present the concrete proposasl on which formal decisions can be made, which the Directors have promissed to do.

I think that reasonably we ought to expect to receive the survey document in the next few weeks.

Re: THE TRUST'S CONSULTATION PROCESS

Chris Davis wrote: February 14th, 2024, 1:14 pm The Trust AGM on the 25 January was followed by an “informal meeting with members to discuss the future of the Trust”. This informal meeting did take place. The purpose of the meeting was to canvas initial thoughts on three matters:

1. How the Trust should be run in the future. (I don't know if this includes whether the Trust should be run at all but I doubt it!).

2. How we should elect two new directors for the board of the football club and what we should expect of them;

3. How the Trust can represent the interests of supporters and best support the club under the new ownership model.

Each one of the above list is a complicated matters and in my opinion too complicated for a survey alone to tackle. But at least it's an attempt at the involvement of the Trust members and that should be applauded. Having been at the meeting, I am not sure of how valid suggestions from the floor were, bearing in mind the complexities and the relatively small time to consider the issues. I am not even sure if anyone, on behalf of the Trust Board was taking note of the points made. Post the meeting, there has been no communication on it setting out the suggestions made,.

Doubtless, someone on the BOD or on behalf of the BOD will be currently designing this survey. That needs a careful design in order not to lead the result in particular directions but without going the other way and being meaningless. Whatever, I think that survey needs to be out quickly, as almost three weeks have already gone and a Special General Meeting is to be called in March or April to “make formal decisions”. So, that timetable seems to assume that the whole consultative process has been completed and the Board, by mid April at the latest, has taken the time to take proper consideration of that consultative process in order to present the concrete proposasl on which formal decisions can be made, which the Directors have promissed to do.

I think that reasonably we ought to expect to receive the survey document in the next few weeks.
I didn't attend the meeting, but understand that HJ will be attending the next trust meeting. Will that be before formal decisions, or at the launch of the survey?

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 1:28 pm
Chris Davis wrote: February 14th, 2024, 1:14 pm The Trust AGM on the 25 January was followed by an “informal meeting with members to discuss the future of the Trust”. This informal meeting did take place. The purpose of the meeting was to canvas initial thoughts on three matters:

I didn't attend the meeting, but understand that HJ will be attending the next trust meeting. Will that be before formal decisions, or at the launch of the survey?
I am not aware that there will be any formal Trust meetings scheduled prior to the SGM, so there will not be any opportunity for HJ to attend. Further, from my recollection, it was not connected with the consultation exercise. Just a 'fuzzy feeling' thing that HJ would be invited to address the Trust at some particular unspecified Trust meeting in the future.

Chris Davis wrote: February 14th, 2024, 1:40 pm

I am not aware that there will be any formal Trust meetings scheduled prior to the SGM, so there will not be any opportunity for HJ to attend. Further, from my recollection, it was not connected with the consultation exercise. Just a 'fuzzy feeling' thing that HJ would be invited to address the Trust at some particular unspecified Trust meeting in the future.
My recollection was HJ would be addressing the Trust at the SGM . Is there any reason to prevent HJ being a Trust member?

So the trust are just assuming that the current trust benefits package will still be gifted by HJ and the club are they?

Perhaps something was mentioned about conditions placed on HJ, with regard trust benefits, as a result of the Trust gifting shares to HJ?

If not, it seems to me, that the trust want benefits simply provided, but still want to be able to decide how money accrued (presumably due to those benefits) spent in a way that might not align with the person gifting the benefits....

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 3:12 pm

So the trust are just assuming that the current trust benefits package will still be gifted by HJ and the club are they?

Perhaps something was mentioned about conditions placed on HJ, with regard trust benefits, as a result of the Trust gifting shares to HJ?

If not, it seems to me, that the trust want benefits simply provided, but still want to be able to decide how money accrued (presumably due to those benefits) spent in a way that might not align with the person gifting the benefits....
I'm not in a position to answer any of those questions, I'm sorry.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 14th, 2024, 3:06 pm

My recollection was HJ would be addressing the Trust at the SGM . Is there any reason to prevent HJ being a Trust member?
Not that I am aware.

Chris Davis wrote: February 14th, 2024, 3:32 pm

No reason to be sorry, I am simply pointing out that the trust and the club are now different entities, and to discuss the future with no knowledge of how the relationship will work in future, is a tiny bit presumptuous......

I am pleased however, that it seems it is possible to have a grown up conversation on this.

For those who want me to mention the Carlisle accounts, of course they are no longer in L2 so are no longer relevant. However if people really want openness, then they need HJ to represent L2 at the EFL at the earliest opportunity (assuming he would want to).

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 3:55 pm

No reason to be sorry, I am simply pointing out that the trust and the club are now different entities, and to discuss the future with no knowledge of how the relationship will work in future, is a tiny bit presumptuous......

I am pleased however, that it seems it is possible to have a grown up conversation on this.

For those who want me to mention the Carlisle accounts, of course they are no longer in L2 so are no longer relevant. However if people really want openness, then they need HJ to represent L2 at the EFL at the earliest opportunity (assuming he would want to).

So HJ wants the Trust to still give thousands of pounds to his club and to shut up and just do it with no benefits? That’d go down well.

Exile 1976 wrote: February 14th, 2024, 4:59 pm

So HJ wants the Trust to still give thousands of pounds to his club and to shut up and just do it with no benefits? That’d go down well.
Someone who receives a benefit in the form of say hospitality, who is it now providing and paying the cost of that?

That is the practical difference now that the trust and the club are separated.

However at present, it seems that the trust are still deciding the benefits, and how money is spent, and due to human nature look to personal circumstances, rather than the big picture when deciding.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 5:43 pm

Someone who receives a benefit in the form of say hospitality, who is it now providing and paying the cost of that?

However at present, it seems that the trust are still deciding the benefits, and how money is spent, and due to human nature look to personal circumstances, rather than the big picture when deciding.
What is the £ cost of providing priority to buy match tickets?

Amberexile wrote: February 14th, 2024, 6:15 pm

Ask rncfc.... To me there would be no cost until point of sale, and then those in charge have admin costs and priority decisions to make, that fans object to. That's probably called an effect rather than cost, but it is real to those who feel wronged by others having greater priority, especially when it is a club v trust issue......

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Ask rncfc.... To me there would be no cost until point of sale, and then those in charge have admin costs and priority decisions to make, that fans object to. That's probably called an effect rather than cost, but it is real to those who feel wronged by others having greater priority, especially when it is a club v trust issue......
Exactly, there is no cost.

Amberexile wrote: February 14th, 2024, 11:08 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 14th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Exactly, there is no cost.
There is no cost to the Trust, but they are no longer the body providing or deciding..........