Twice now.

I've noticed that with our winning goals v Wrexham and Swindon, the County scorer has run behind the goal in front of opposition supporters.

I think players winding up opposition supporters when they score is incitement and is asking for trouble. What is more it lacks class. When we score by all means celebrate but in front of your own supporters only.

Re: Twice now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:44 am I've noticed that with our winning goals v Wrexham and Swindon, the County scorer has run behind the goal in front of opposition supporters.

I think players winding up opposition supporters when they score is incitement and is asking for trouble. What is more it lacks class. When we score by all means celebrate but in front of your own supporters only.
Seb on both occasions and I’ve bloody loved it both times, as did all the people around me in the Bisley. Perhaps we all lack class? 😂

Jonesy3 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 11:06 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:44 am I've noticed that with our winning goals v Wrexham and Swindon, the County scorer has run behind the goal in front of opposition supporters.

Seb on both occasions and I’ve bloody loved it both times, as did all the people around me in the Bisley. Perhaps we all lack class? 😂

He's a brizzle lad they were giving him some as well

UPTHEPORT wrote: February 4th, 2024, 11:18 am

I bet. Great fun until some idiot with a few pints inside him throws a coin or some other missile. And someone gets hurt. Grow up lads.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 4th, 2024, 11:29 am

I bet. Great fun until some idiot with a few pints inside him throws a coin or some other missile. And someone gets hurt. Grow up lads.
Oh, don’t be such a puritan. The Swindon lad celebrated his goal in front of us. It didn’t turn us into lunatics.

If a drunk yob wants to chuck things at players, they’ll do it. Idiots don’t need provocation to be idiots.

Jonesy3 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 11:57 am

Oh, don’t be such a puritan. The Swindon lad celebrated his goal in front of us. It didn’t turn us into lunatics.

If a drunk yob wants to chuck things at players, they’ll do it. Idiots don’t need provocation to be idiots.
I've both prosecuted and defended people charged with football related violence. There are a few hardcore thugs, but the majority were idiots who got wound up. Players should not incite fans, it does lead to incidents that otherwise would not have taken place. I know that. I've also seen young lads get a criminal records which can adversely impact on the rest of their lives.
I know I always say everyone's entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech is important. But part of that free speech is that we have to accept being challenged. I have sat with people who have been, or at least feel they have been provoked, crying as they looked forward to a couple of month banged up for a moments madness, take it from me, you don't know what you're on about.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:11 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 11:57 am

I've both prosecuted and defended people charged with football related violence. There are a few hardcore thugs, but the majority were idiots who got wound up. Players should not incite fans, it does lead to incidents that otherwise would not have taken place. I know that. I've also seen young lads get a criminal records which can adversely impact on the rest of their lives.
I know I always say everyone's entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech is important. But part of that free speech is that we have to accept being challenged. I have sat with people who have been, or at least feel they have been provoked, crying as they looked forward to a couple of month banged up for a moments madness, take it from me, you don't know what you're on about.
Wrongdoers always want someone else to blame.

Take it from me, I think you’re as wrong as you think I am.

McKirdy goaded us in the Hazell Terrace when Swindon scored. He’s a bit of a loose cannon but I’d say it was done in a humorous enough manner. He got a bit of stick back for his trouble as well. Kevin Ellison was a master of it, particularly when playing against us, and strangely, it seemed to give him a degree of popularity with our fan base.

Exile 1976 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:28 pm If a grown adult can’t watch an opposition player celebrate in front of them without throwing coins, bottles or whatever at them, then it’s they who have the problem.
Exactly, why take the fun out, what do have left without a bit fun?

Unless you don't go to enjoy it, and actually believe that football is a just an excuse to have a court case.........

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:54 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:28 pm If a grown adult can’t watch an opposition player celebrate in front of them without throwing coins, bottles or whatever at them, then it’s they who have the problem.
Exactly, why take the fun out, what do have left without a bit fun?

Unless you don't go to enjoy it, and actually believe that football is a just an excuse to have a court case.........
Tell me. Who amongst us as young men in our late teens or early twenties didn't do something really stupid when provoked and in drink? We got away with it. Now spare a thought for those who didn't. The guy who got punched fell backwards and cracked his skull open. The lad who threw a punch to impress his mates and ended up.on a manslaughter charge.

Exile, on this one I think you're wrong. Bangit I enjoy going to football, I enjoy celebrating when County score. If you are so inadequate that your pleasure is merely in goading others get help.

No problem that you think I’m wrong Brendan. I just think a player ‘giving it the big one’ to the oppo fans, ’(after they’ve no doubt been giving dogs abuse to players and oppo fans) 20 yards away, that any normal person would not feel the need to physically attack them. If they do, that really is their issue, not the problem of the player.