Re: Laurence Fox - unfairly treated?

North London Exile wrote: February 8th, 2024, 8:28 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 31st, 2024, 9:25 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: January 31st, 2024, 1:52 pm Where his case falls is he says calling them paedophile s was a joke

I'm sorry calling someone a paedophile isn't a joke
Agreed. But neither is calling someone a racist. And here's a point to consider. On this board because I voiced that the killing of innocent civilians was wrong and it didn't matter whether those being killed were Israeli or Palestinian one person said and I quote. 'Ireland is a cesspit of anti-Semitism.

My view. The person who said that isn't worthy of my time. Am I going to sue? Of course not. He or she stand condemned by their words. That's how it should be.
My words were: " Ireland has become a cesspit of antisemitism, it seems." Surely not libellous, but an opinion shared by many others.
Sorry about the basketball defeat in Latvia (which had a tougher WW2 than Ireland, and may have learned some lessons).
I'm forever grateful for Wales being willing to play Israel in 1958 (when much of the world wouldn't) and reaching the quarter finals of the World Cup.

Legally speaking your words are not libel. They are racist, they are vulgar abuse, and they shame you.

Like most racists you are to be pitied. Not just because you are clearly not too bright, but because you will miss out on all the cultural divergence which makes this world so full of wonderful possibilities. I, and I believe the overwhelming majority of readers of this board, mourn equally for the mothers who have seen their children murdered by bullets fired by men. The blood of Palastinian children is the same colour as that of Israeli children. The cries of anguish seeing your children shot is exactly the same for Jewish mothers as it is for Arab mothers.

Oh and one other thing for you to think about. If I had the power to save just one of the lives lost, be it an Israeli life or a Palestinian life at the cost of Ireland losing a game of Basketball to Latvia, I would do so gladly. And anyone one believes such a pathetic jibe about an essentially meaningless game of Basketball is appropriate in a conversation about nearly 30,000 people being killed and hundreds of thousands wounded , really does need all the pity he or she can get.

A six year old child makes a desperate phone call. Please help me I'm scared she says. On Saturday her body was recovered along with six of her relatives and two aid workers sent to find her. If North London Exile and Torquay Exile would explain why such a story filling me with sorrow makes me an anti-Semite I would be all ears.

Otherwise perhaps think.befpre you come out with your racist bile.

rncfc wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:55 pm Surely it's OK to be anti-semitic when the semites are acting like c{_}nts?
No, really the point must be that you condemn the behaviour and only be critical of the perpetrators. It is wrong to conflate say North London Exiles pathetic and sad racist views with his racial and/or religious background. Likewise it is wrong to associate any person with the genocidal war criminal Netanyahu, simply because that person shares the same national, religious or cultural background.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:23 pm
rncfc wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:55 pm Surely it's OK to be anti-semitic when the semites are acting like c{_}nts?
No, really the point must be that you condemn the behaviour and only be critical of the perpetrators. It is wrong to conflate say North London Exiles pathetic and sad racist views with his racial and/or religious background. Likewise it is wrong to associate any person with the genocidal war criminal Netanyahu, simply because that person shares the same national, religious or cultural background.
Fair comment. But it feels like you can't be critical of the Israeli government without being accused of being racist, I guess that was my (poorly made) point.

rncfc wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:41 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:23 pm
Fair comment. But it feels like you can't be critical of the Israeli government without being accused of being racist, I guess that was my (poorly made) point.
Well I can and I will. What Hamas did in the October massacre was pure evil. Hamas intent is to destroy Israel, they make no bones about it. Israel is committed to utterly destroying Hamas. The slaughter of tens of thousands of Gazan Palestinians is not the way to go about it. For that I condemn them as well as Hamas. Anyone who thinks that is racist can go and f**k themselves.