Re: Huw officially takes over

wattsville_boy wrote: January 24th, 2024, 5:38 pm It dragged on too long. What is missing is a statement from Huw stating what his aims or ambitions are for the club. He may have stated these at the meeting where the decision was made (I don't know, I wasn't there) but it seems a good opportunity before Sunday to lift the County support further...
Once the Trust agm was set for the 25th, it seemed most likely to me that this announcement would be made today or tomorrow morning.

wattsville_boy wrote: January 24th, 2024, 5:38 pm It dragged on too long. What is missing is a statement from Huw stating what his aims or ambitions are for the club. He may have stated these at the meeting where the decision was made (I don't know, I wasn't there) but it seems a good opportunity before Sunday to lift the County support further...
It's on the club website along with the announcement of the club shop opening when the queue goes down.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 24th, 2024, 5:43 pm
It's on the club website along with the announcement of the club shop opening when the queue goes down.
I'll have a look at that.

Just glad to see it over the line and to read a positive statement from HJ.

Hopefully the negativity can cease until the end of the season, when we'll have more of an indication of where we/he is heading.

It's up to the Trust now to maximise what influence thay can have with a minority shareholding. Look forward to seeing the names of the new club board when its announced.

You mean this statement?

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... turn-down/

Let's have a look at the statement.

Make the club financially sustainable. We need to increase revenue and improve financial reporting. I have been saying this for years.
Strive to form long term relationships with the City Council, FAW etc.Again I've been saying this for years.
Improve infrastructure ie training facilities. Once again I've been saying this for years.
To work with Dragons for mutual benefit. I feel it incumbent on me to point out I've been saying this for years.
Change the culture of Newport County to one of belief and ambition. I feel I have to point out that I was saying this whilst Margaret Thatcher was PM.
Improving communication within the fan base to enhance our club. Do I really have to point out that once again I was saying this when Adam was a boy.

I wish when we owned the club we had had a board that took this approach. I still believe that fan ownership was a lost opportunity. But that ship has sailed. There will be setbacks I have no doubt. But Huw Jenkins doesn't have a losing mentality.

I wish him well.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 24th, 2024, 6:48 pm Let's have a look at the statement.

Make the club financially sustainable. We need to increase revenue and improve financial reporting. I have been saying this for years.
Strive to form long term relationships with the City Council, FAW etc.Again I've been saying this for years.
Improve infrastructure ie training facilities. Once again I've been saying this for years.
To work with Dragons for mutual benefit. I feel it incumbent on me to point out I've been saying this for years.
Change the culture of Newport County to one of belief and ambition. I feel I have to point out that I was saying this whilst Margaret Thatcher was PM.
Improving communication within the fan base to enhance our club. Do I really have to point out that once again I was saying this when Adam was a boy.

I wish when we owned the club we had had a board that took this approach. I still believe that fan ownership was a lost opportunity. But that ship has sailed. There will be setbacks I have no doubt. But Huw Jenkins doesn't have a losing mentality.

I wish him well.
I endorse your aspirations and wishes Brendan!
Like you, I always wanted to be fan-owned. Due to a combination of factors which included incompetence and lack of the intelligence to communicate among other factors, that ship has well and truly sailed.
I wish Huw Jenkins well because his success will be our success.
We all need to be behind the enterprise because we have this in common at least - common cause. I hope he gets to love the County and to have it injected into his blood like we were, most often in our infancy. I hope he has the wisdom and skill to achieve the best and succeed where the Trust failed, we must support him in his and our cause.
My plea is simply this, I know you will support the County, like me that was never in doubt but in addition please do not abandon the Trust, it is our statement of love and continuous dedication of and to our football club. It was flawed just like us but its basic intention was our continuance and a hope that we will prosper and move to a brighter future.
This to you all, we are the club, we are the County, we are the custodians and the young among us are our future!, let’s enjoy the present and look forward to the future. UTFC CTID

lowandhard wrote: January 24th, 2024, 7:56 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 24th, 2024, 6:48 pm Let's have a look at the statement.

I wish him well.
I endorse your aspirations and wishes Brendan!
Like you, I always wanted to be fan-owned. Due to a combination of factors which included incompetence and lack of the intelligence to communicate among other factors, that ship has well and truly sailed.
I wish Huw Jenkins well because his success will be our success.
We all need to be behind the enterprise because we have this in common at least - common cause. I hope he gets to love the County and to have it injected into his blood like we were, most often in our infancy. I hope he has the wisdom and skill to achieve the best and succeed where the Trust failed, we must support him in his and our cause.
My plea is simply this, I know you will support the County, like me that was never in doubt but in addition please do not abandon the Trust, it is our statement of love and continuous dedication of and to our football club. It was flawed just like us but its basic intention was our continuance and a hope that we will prosper and move to a brighter future.
This to you all, we are the club, we are the County, we are the custodians and the young among us are our future!, let’s enjoy the present and look forward to the future. UTFC CTID
Evening Mike,

Hope all's well with you. If Huw Jenkins is as good as his word then I think the Trust can be a success. Communication has been promised by Huw Jenkins. It hasn't been there in the past and I think a lot of people feel as if they have been taken for idiots. Trust has to be rebuilt to rebuild the Trust.

Fresh beginnings and all that. I genuinely believe that properly managed our future could be really bright. Time to draw a line under the past.