Re: The old sainsburys site

Presuming this is to spark a silly debate about whether the site would be suitable for a new stadium?:

1/ 'footprint' isn't big enough, access is awkward and it'd never get planning permission anyway (wait till 'castle view luxury homes' are proposed! eco friendly homes starting at £350,000 for your priced out Bristolian)
2/ a new stadium is about 99th on the list of priorities for the club now (we need to refurbish and cover the north terrace though as well as vastly improve disabled accessibility and facilities at RP!)

CathedralCounty wrote: January 24th, 2024, 2:29 pm Presuming this is to spark a silly debate about whether the site would be suitable for a new stadium?:

1/ 'footprint' isn't big enough, access is awkward and it'd never get planning permission anyway (wait till 'castle view luxury homes' are proposed! eco friendly homes starting at £350,000 for your priced out Bristolian)
2/ a new stadium is about 99th on the list of priorities for the club now (we need to refurbish and cover the north terrace though as well as vastly improve disabled accessibility and facilities at RP!)
It's a little bit of an ask for our club, as tenants, to pay for improvements to someone else's ground. I would be very surprised if HJ is not already on the charm offensive with regard to getting a ground of our own somehow, or a stake in the one we're currently renting. It's probably what the huge amount of new corporate partners/Man Utd freebies is all about. Annoying in the short-term, but if there's a long game involved - so be it.

rncfc wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:01 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 24th, 2024, 2:29 pm Presuming this is to spark a silly debate about whether the site would be suitable for a new stadium?:

It's a little bit of an ask for our club, as tenants, to pay for improvements to someone else's ground. I would be very surprised if HJ is not already on the charm offensive with regard to getting a ground of our own somehow, or a stake in the one we're currently renting. It's probably what the huge amount of new corporate partners/Man Utd freebies is all about. Annoying in the short-term, but if there's a long game involved - so be it.
A lot of businesses will improve offices/shops/warehouses that they rent/share - provided our lease is long enough to justify it I expect club would (or should) be more than happy for club to go 50/50 or even pay 100% of an improvement to [say] North terrace - Dragons won't be fussed as they rarely if ever fill RP.

I think with HJ in ownership, there's far more of a chance of a joint venture with the Dragons, especially once the WRU regions funding cuts start to bite.

Professional rugby in the UK is a basket case, I would imagine that the Dragons owner will need all of his JustEat business skills to make it work now and would jump at the chance of securing us on a long term RP lease (a proper one 99/999etc), or even a tri-venture with the Council to re-visit the original development plans for RP and Cabbage Patch.

whoareya wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:18 pm I think with HJ in ownership, there's far more of a chance of a joint venture with the Dragons, especially once the WRU regions funding cuts start to bite.

Professional rugby in the UK is a basket case, I would imagine that the Dragons owner will need all of his JustEat business skills to make it work now and would jump at the chance of securing us on a long term RP lease (a proper one 99/999etc), or even a tri-venture with the Council to re-visit the original development plans for RP and Cabbage Patch.
The Dragons are moving to the Old Sainsbury site with the Ospreys. Cardiff are moving to the Liberty Stadium.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:30 pm
whoareya wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:18 pm I think with HJ in ownership, there's far more of a chance of a joint venture with the Dragons, especially once the WRU regions funding cuts start to bite.

The Dragons are moving to the Old Sainsbury site with the Ospreys. Cardiff are moving to the Liberty Stadium.
😂 I thought they were turning half of the Liberty 90 degrees with football played N-S and rugby playing E-W so that fixtures can occur simultaneously.

that would be a ground of his own as he will own the club even if he avoids the usual of club and ground being owned by separate entities.

Its quite normal for tenants on secure long term leases to do refurbishments themselves, commercial leases can have reinstatement clauses that require the tenant to reinstate the property to the original specification when the lease expires, or pay a penalty if the leased space is deemed to be dilapidated.