Re: Online sales only tomorrow

Just a little message to enlighten the club and those who wish to defend the club over this latest ticketing debacle.

Management, administration, call it what you will is about being prepared of any realistic situation which may occur.

Notwithstanding that legislation compels me to do it I have always worn a seatbelt when I drive. I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles over many decades. I have never had an accident. However I realise that I might have an accident and I'd rather have a bruised chest than fly through a car windscreen at 30 mph.

Plans should have been in place for the equitable distribution of tickets. Simply because the chances of Newport County drawing Manchester United at home in any given season is a hell of a lot higher than me colliding with another vehicle driving to the shops.

aberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:51 am So, if ten thousand plus have missed out, maybe a lesson for the next time we play Man U: Get the game on at a bigger stadium, like a few of us have suggested. Far more seats available, so everyone gets a ticket and no ticket office abuse from frustrated queuers. And, no one has to queue around the block in the freezing cold for hours.
FA rules state that games are to be played at the home team venue.
Unlike several years ago you are no longer allowed to swap venues.

Amberexile wrote:-
I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
That's not allowed under The Club's ticketing rules:-
3. Use of Home Match Ticket
3.1 The home match ticket is issued for your sole use, and you shall not sell, assign or transfer the
home match ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the
Club. The reference to selling the home match ticket includes offering to sell a home match ticket
(including, without limitation, via any online auction website), exposing a home match ticket for sale,
making a home match ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a home match ticket
is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this home match
ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition; transferred, lent or sold to any
third party as part of a hospitality or travel package; given to a third party who agrees to buy some
other goods or services; or used for any other commercial purpose (all save as expressly authorised
by the EFL or the Club).
3.2 The unauthorised sale or disposal of a home match ticket may amount to a criminal offence
under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent
Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a home
match ticket has been sold illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking
this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we reasonably suspect you have
committed such an offence, we will notify the EFL who may in turn notify other EFL clubs and/or the
relevant law enforcement authorities. The information that we share may include your personal
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at matches.
3.3 If more than one home match ticket is issued to you, one home match ticket must be retained by
you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to
your guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only provided that the transfer takes place in
consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the home match ticket, and the
transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third
party's business. The transfer to any guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which
will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3
below) apply to each guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the home match ticket (and
you must inform the guest(s) of this). You will provide the name and address of your guest(s) when
asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club and/or any police officer. In the
event that you and/or your guest(s) are unable to use any home match ticket then you may transfer
that home match ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally and who would be
entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry and otherwise) to purchase the home match ticket
and attend the match provided that the transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or
benefit in excess of the face value of the home match ticket, and the transfer does not take place in
the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. The transfer
will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under
this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3 below) apply to the transferee as if he/she were
the original purchaser of the home match ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You
will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or
employee of the Club and/or any police officer. Page 6 of 11 Newport County AFC – Ticketing. Policy
3.4 The home match ticket will always remain the property of the Club and must be produced
together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of
the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the
home match ticket at any time.
Page 5 of 10 Newport County AFC – Ticketing Policy
3.5 Any home match ticket obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be
automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such home match ticket shall be nullified.
Misuse of a home match ticket may result in the holder being refused entry to, or ejected from, the
ground in respect of a particular match and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of a home match
ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal, no refund shall be payable. The Club further
reserves its right to take any legal or disciplinary action against any person(s) as it sees fit in
connection with such matters, including a claim for an account of any profits made from an
unauthorised use of a home match ticket.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:29 am
Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:17 am
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:47 am
Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:27 am
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:26 am
Ugo. wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:16 am
Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
Its a 'perk' for ST holders who are helping to keep the club afloat over the summer - but as others have said I wouldn't be too bothered at only having 1x tickets guaranteed for the bigger games.
My point is that they don't need another ticket regardless of any convoluted justification for having one. They don't need it and giving them it has caused chaos. Simple solution, stop it.

County Exile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:47 am Amberexile wrote:-
I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?

I've EDITED out the rules
What is allowed and what actually happens are often two very different things.

neilcork68 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:20 am A quick press release of how many tickets are available to purchase today should have been issued by the club...Or have I missed it ?
That's exactly what should have happened but it didn't. The club would have known by Saturday evening how many were left for general sale. Let people know and at least expectations would have been lowered.

3.1 The home match ticket is issued for your sole use, and you shall not sell, assign or transfer the
home match ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the
Club. The reference to selling the home match ticket includes offering to sell a home match ticket
(including, without limitation, via any online auction website), exposing a home match ticket for sale,
making a home match ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a home match ticket
is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this home match
ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition; transferred, lent or sold to any
third party as part of a hospitality or travel package; given to a third party who agrees to buy some
other goods or services; or used for any other commercial purpose (all save as expressly authorised
by the EFL or the Club).
3.2 The unauthorised sale or disposal of a home match ticket may amount to a criminal offence
under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent
Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a home
match ticket has been sold illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking
this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we reasonably suspect you have
committed such an offence, we will notify the EFL who may in turn notify other EFL clubs and/or the
relevant law enforcement authorities. The information that we share may include your personal
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at matches.
3.3 If more than one home match ticket is issued to you, one home match ticket must be retained by
you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to
your guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only provided that the transfer takes place in
consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the home match ticket, and the
transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third
party's business. The transfer to any guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which
will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3
below) apply to each guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the home match ticket (and
you must inform the guest(s) of this). You will provide the name and address of your guest(s) when
asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club and/or any police officer. In the
event that you and/or your guest(s) are unable to use any home match ticket then you may transfer
that home match ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally and who would be
entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry and otherwise) to purchase the home match ticket
and attend the match provided that the transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or
benefit in excess of the face value of the home match ticket, and the transfer does not take place in
the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. The transfer
will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under
this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3 below) apply to the transferee as if he/she were
the original purchaser of the home match ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You
will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or
employee of the Club and/or any police officer. Page 6 of 11 Newport County AFC – Ticketing. Policy
3.4 The home match ticket will always remain the property of the Club and must be produced
together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of
the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the
3.5 Any home match ticket obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be
automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such home match ticket shall be nullified.
Misuse of a home match ticket may result in the holder being refused entry to, or ejected from, the
ground in respect of a particular match and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of a home match
ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal, no refund shall be payable. The Club further
reserves its right to take any legal or disciplinary action against any person(s) as it sees fit in
connection with such matters, including a claim for an account of any profits made from an
Stan better qualified to comment as a lawyer but doesn’t the policy of two tickets per ST ride a horse and cart through this clause. I assume that not all ST holders who bought another ticket have gifted it - even getting face value is a breach?

County ranger wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 12:46 pm
by the EFL or the Club).
Stan better qualified to comment as a lawyer but doesn’t the policy of two tickets per ST ride a horse and cart through this clause. I assume that not all ST holders who bought another ticket have gifted it - even getting face value is a breach?
Well firstly I've been retired six years and I wasn't a commercial lawyer.

I think Paul in Sheffield has it right. As do you. What is written is ofno real consequence. The reality is what happens. Any decent person dislikes touts. They make money as parasites. No matter how hard you try touts will always find a way of getting their hands on some tickets. It is possible to limit the number they get. But simply saying you shouldn't do something is, in my view, of no use at all.

Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
I think you need to factor in kids require an adult in an adjacent seat. Season ticket holders can only buy a kids season ticket, along with an adult in an adjacent seat, but that is not the case with kids trust allocation. There is the main issue, allocating pairs of seats is far more time consuming than just singles. That is not so with online ticket sales.

People had a total of 20 hours to purchase allocated tickets, and all those that had single allocation and really wanted it, did exactly that within the 20 hours.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 2:37 pm
I think you need to factor in kids require an adult in an adjacent seat. Season ticket holders can only buy a kids season ticket, along with an adult in an adjacent seat, but that is not the case with kids trust allocation. There is the main issue, allocating pairs of seats is far more time consuming than just singles. That is not so with online ticket sales.

People had a total of 20 hours to purchase allocated tickets, and all those that had single allocation and really wanted it, did exactly that within the 20 hours.
Taken from Facebook -

"Hi Chris, I was just in front of you on Thursday as you saw. I am a trust member and so are my children. Some of us were not able to queue early morning due to work commitments so had to start early to finish earlier to queue. I queued both days and still came away with nothing. On the Thursday the office shut in front of us and on the Friday, when I did manage to get to the front of the queue, I was told there are only standing tickets left. How could my small children see in a adult standing environment? If I was to lift them or put them on my shoulders I would be punished fir health and safety issues. Unfortunately I couldn't get myself on to leave my children at home as its not fair.
The club sent out the original statement advising there were enough for all ST and trust members. So if they were aware that there were children ST and trust members, why weren't these seats safeguarded until general sale on Monday. I'm going to watch on TV now but disappointed that as paying trust members, the paying children's seats wernt kept until not collected for general sale"

This is the main issue with regards to children sitting with adults. When this member was told there were no seats available on Friday, there will have been seats "belonging" to season ticket holders that the system held as reserved for them even though they had bought their season ticket and their +1 entitlement as a 2 together elsewhere in the ground thus locking out trust members from buying those seats. Effectively giving season ticket holders a +1 in the way we did has prevented these people from being able to attend.

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 3:51 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 2:37 pm

Taken from Facebook -

"Hi Chris, I was just in front of you on Thursday as you saw. I am a trust member and so are my children. Some of us were not able to queue early morning due to work commitments so had to start early to finish earlier to queue. I queued both days and still came away with nothing. On the Thursday the office shut in front of us and on the Friday, when I did manage to get to the front of the queue, I was told there are only standing tickets left. How could my small children see in a adult standing environment? If I was to lift them or put them on my shoulders I would be punished fir health and safety issues. Unfortunately I couldn't get myself on to leave my children at home as its not fair.
The club sent out the original statement advising there were enough for all ST and trust members. So if they were aware that there were children ST and trust members, why weren't these seats safeguarded until general sale on Monday. I'm going to watch on TV now but disappointed that as paying trust members, the paying children's seats wernt kept until not collected for general sale"

This is the main issue with regards to children sitting with adults. When this member was told there were no seats available on Friday, there will have been seats "belonging" to season ticket holders that the system held as reserved for them even though they had bought their season ticket and their +1 entitlement as a 2 together elsewhere in the ground thus locking out trust members from buying those seats. Effectively giving season ticket holders a +1 in the way we did has prevented these people from being able to attend.
Which is why we to scrap the trust entitlement.