Re: Online sales only tomorrow

Amberexile wrote: January 21st, 2024, 9:21 pm
excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 8:31 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:37 pm

Seeing as we had season ticket holders doubling up their allocation via trust memberships, perhaps we should review priority here too?
I'm not trying to start another line of personal argument here, so please don't look upon it that way. I've dipped in and out of this and other threads about ticket sales and you seem quite sure about people claiming a double allowance (season ticket and trust). Is this through personal evidence or 'a mate told me'. A rumour like that can spread quickly, especially through social media.
What if the situation actually was someone who went along with two trust membership cards (or details) and two season tickets (for a second pair of people). He/ she could legitimately walk away with four tickets (or even eight) which would be the allowance for the four persons involved. This may have included two for an exiled fan unable to come down to queue, an elderly fan likewise indisposed, someone at work. One person queues up on behalf of four. Surely that's an efficient way of getting tickets?
I don't think it would be be detected if a season ticket holding trust member living locally bought their season ticket +1 allocation online and then queued at the ticket office as a trust member to get a third ticket.
I don't understand the issue with doing this, surely a season ticket holder who is also a trust member did have eligibility for 3 tickets?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 9:27 pm

Seeing as we had season ticket holders doubling up their allocation via trust memberships, perhaps we should review priority here too?
I'm not trying to start another line of personal argument here, so please don't look upon it that way. I've dipped in and out of this and other threads about ticket sales and you seem quite sure about people claiming a double allowance (season ticket and trust). Is this through personal evidence or 'a mate told me'. A rumour like that can spread quickly, especially through social media.
What if the situation actually was someone who went along with two trust membership cards (or details) and two season tickets (for a second pair of people). He/ she could legitimately walk away with four tickets (or even eight) which would be the allowance for the four persons involved. This may have included two for an exiled fan unable to come down to queue, an elderly fan likewise indisposed, someone at work. One person queues up on behalf of four. Surely that's an efficient way of getting tickets?
I don't think it would be be detected if a season ticket holding trust member living locally bought their season ticket +1 allocation online and then queued at the ticket office as a trust member to get a third ticket.
I don't understand the issue with doing this, surely a season ticket holder who is also a trust member did have eligibility for 3 tickets?
According to the club, they are not entitled to use both. That is why people are complaining about others reportedly having done so.

excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 9:35 pm Ah, because Trust membership details are not linked to the Ticketmaster system. Mind you, that's a particularly contrived way of obtaining an extra ticket and involves being in a queue for five hours. My theory of Chinese whispers is just a credible.
It is but all Trust members had no option other than to queue in order to get their ticket and the queues became much smaller as Friday passed. Thinking about it further, there would be zero chance of detection buying the Trust ticket in person first and the Season ticket +1 afterwards online, even using your phone while still at the ground. Of course I have no idea whether anybody actually did do this but I do reckon that there will be a lot of +1 tickets on the black market next week.

Amberexile wrote: January 21st, 2024, 11:08 pm
excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 9:35 pm Ah, because Trust membership details are not linked to the Ticketmaster system. Mind you, that's a particularly contrived way of obtaining an extra ticket and involves being in a queue for five hours. My theory of Chinese whispers is just a credible.
It is but all Trust members had no option other than to queue in order to get their ticket and the queues became much smaller as Friday passed. Thinking about it further, there would be zero chance of detection buying the Trust ticket in person first and the Season ticket +1 afterwards online, even using your phone while still at the ground. Of course I have no idea whether anybody actually did do this but I do reckon that there will be a lot of +1 tickets on the black market next week.
I know plenty of people who did it.

No you cannot be eligible under more than one category.

I have numerous friends who have claimed both. I saw many of them walking away from the queue last Thursday, telling me they had obtained more tickets than they were entitled to.

I don't blame them for doing it, I'd have done the same. The reason they did it is because they knew full well the club can't organise a p1ss up in a brewery and they'd have no issue claiming both.

Let's get it sorted for next time though, shall we?

Let me explain.

Some of us want Newport County to be as successful as possible. To do this we need to encourage as many people as possible to watch Newport County and to feel good about having Newport County as their club. A game versus Manchester United is a wonderful opportunity to do that.

Now unfortunately we know that the buying of multiple tickets slowed down the queues to the extent that many people didn't get tickets. Further those with only an up until now casual interest in Newport County won't even be bothered to try to get tickets for the game.

The result is that those who queued and didn't get tickets may be lost to the club. Those casual supporters who couldn't get tickets are potential fans we will never now have.

Meanwhile whilst I'm sure many who bought three tickets will have done so for friends many will be selling those tickets on to touts.

So in short the selling of multiple tickets will probably result in fans being driven away, new fans being lost and ticket touts making lots of money out of genuine County supporters.

I get you didn't 'understand the problem'. Well you do now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:36 am

Let me explain.

Some of us want Newport County to be as successful as possible. To do this we need to encourage as many people as possible to watch Newport County and to feel good about having Newport County as their club. A game versus Manchester United is a wonderful opportunity to do that.

Now unfortunately we know that the buying of multiple tickets slowed down the queues to the extent that many people didn't get tickets. Further those with only an up until now casual interest in Newport County won't even be bothered to try to get tickets for the game.

The result is that those who queued and didn't get tickets may be lost to the club. Those casual supporters who couldn't get tickets are potential fans we will never now have.

Meanwhile whilst I'm sure many who bought three tickets will have done so for friends many will be selling those tickets on to touts.

So in short the selling of multiple tickets will probably result in fans being driven away, new fans being lost and ticket touts making lots of money out of genuine County supporters.

Actually, what slowed down the queue on Thursday was ticket office staff doing the necessary checks on ST and Trust membership eligibility. I spoke on Saturday to an elderly chap who is a ST holder & Trust member who sits in the same row as us.

He queued on Thursday as he doesn’t use the internet. His season ticket credentials were checked before he could purchase his ticket and his +1. When he tried to do the same with his Trust membership he was told - correctly - that he could not do so.

Likewise, you could not buy more than your allotted number of tickets as a ST holder online.

The idea that people were waking away from the ticket office on Thursday with wads of tickets to which they weren’t entitled is fanciful, as is the idea that many regular supporters will miss out. I’m not suggesting that some might.

Will some ST holders or Trust members sell on their additional tickets? Of course they will.

Personally, we’re taking our neighbours with us. They’re irregular attendees but it saved them the hassle of trying to get tickets today. We bought tickets elsewhere in the ground to ensure we’re all together. That means our usual 3 ST seats are available in the general sale today.

EDIT What you could do, should you be so inclined, was buy your ST allocation online & then buy your Trust allocation in person. That’s because the club hasn’t uploaded Trust membership data to the ticketing system, as I’ve highlighted many times.
Last edited by Jonesy3 on January 22nd, 2024, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Let me explain.

You forgot to include the bit about the ticketing issues having been aggravated by the greed of some of our own Season Ticket holders and Trust members, knowingly and deliberately buying tickets from multiple sources, then blaming the club for letting them do so, like shoplifters blaming the shop keeper for making it too easy for them.

But that doesn't suit your narrative does it, as has been the case for at least ten years.

Pathetic.

Jonesy3 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:54 am

Let me explain.

Actually, what slowed down the queue on Thursday was ticket office staff doing the necessary checks on ST and Trust membership eligibility. I spoke on Saturday to an elderly chap who is a ST holder & Trust member who sits in the same row as us.

He queued on Thursday as he doesn’t use the internet. His season ticket credentials were checked before he could purchase his ticket and his +1. When he tried to do the same with his Trust membership he was told - correctly - that he could not do so.

Likewise, you could not buy more than your allotted number of tickets as a ST holder online.

The idea that people were waking away from the ticket office on Thursday with wads of tickets to which they weren’t entitled is fanciful, as is the idea that many regular supporters will miss out. I’m not suggesting that some might.

Will some ST holders or Trust members sell on their additional tickets? Of course they will.

Personally, we’re taking our neighbours with us. They’re irregular attendees but it saved them the hassle of trying to get tickets today. We bought tickets elsewhere in the ground to ensure we’re all together. That means our usual 3 ST seats are available in the general sale today.

EDIT What you could do, should you be so inclined, was buy your ST allocation online & then buy your Trust allocation in person. That’s because the club hasn’t uploaded Trust membership data to the ticketing system, as I’ve highlighted many times.
Yes, but he's in the minority. If you joined the queue, bought your season ticket entitlement online, and then used your trust membership(s) only when you reached the front of the queue, you could do it.

Look, I know some people like to defend the club and others look for any opportunity to whinge, but it is FACT that this system could be bypassed.

I am sat next to someone buying via general sale now who has been to pretty much every game this season, plus a few aways, got through the queue to see there were 3 tickets left, and was then timed out of the page.

I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.

Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.