Re: Newport County v. Manchester United Grandstand. Sunday 28th January..2024

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:24 pm
Marky wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:16 pm
Bristolexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:02 pm Could another reason be that all the camera's took up some spaces
First I've heard of that, good thinking.
Academic now I know, but find it surprising if camera's media accommodation etc would take up 500 spaces, although we do know for certain that the FA dictates a minimum of 15% capacity for away supporters for FA cup matches, and 1480 away spaces makes the total allowed capacity less than the 9500 at the Wrexham game.
People seem to be assuming that the missing 500 were seats. Some or even all of them could be from the terrace capacity. Probably were to make room for cameras.

G Guest wrote: January 30th, 2024, 7:38 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:24 pm
Marky wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:16 pm
Bristolexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:02 pm Could another reason be that all the camera's took up some spaces
First I've heard of that, good thinking.
Academic now I know, but find it surprising if camera's media accommodation etc would take up 500 spaces, although we do know for certain that the FA dictates a minimum of 15% capacity for away supporters for FA cup matches, and 1480 away spaces makes the total allowed capacity less than the 9500 at the Wrexham game.
People seem to be assuming that the missing 500 were seats. Some or even all of them could be from the terrace capacity. Probably were to make room for cameras.
Yes, the terrace areas capacities are reduced depending on whether we are playing a League or cup game, whether there are additional cameras or not.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:11 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 30th, 2024, 11:52 am
CathedralCounty wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:59 am
County Exile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:46 am
Eurgh that was an awkward moment - GC is quite a shy bloke I feel and did not enjoy that one bit - his Budweiser joke didn't land either, nice gesture though and would imagine that was a very nice bottle of red (Ten Hag is, if nothing else, cultured I doubt a Budweiser has ever passed his lips).
I think Ten Hag says that Alex Ferguson chose the bottle of wine. I think Coughlan would have hugely appreciated that had it been done quietly without the cameras all around making it a lovely personal moment in the day for him. For the Ferguson link alone I doubt it will be opened,
Alex Furguson used to present opposition managers, with bottles of Red from his own award winning vineyard. Perhaps MU have shares in it now.

Budweiser missed their opportunity yesterday by obviously not doing their research. They obviously assumed that it was a 15.00kick off and arrived after the 12.45 kick off and most fans missed their lorry going past as they were already in the ground.
IMO they could have made a much better Marketing Opportunity if they had liaised with the club..IMO it looked really amateurish by just having a lorry driving / reversing up and down Rodney Road.

neilcork68 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 9:18 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:11 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 30th, 2024, 11:52 am
CathedralCounty wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:59 am
County Exile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:46 am
Eurgh that was an awkward moment - GC is quite a shy bloke I feel and did not enjoy that one bit - his Budweiser joke didn't land either, nice gesture though and would imagine that was a very nice bottle of red (Ten Hag is, if nothing else, cultured I doubt a Budweiser has ever passed his lips).
I think Ten Hag says that Alex Ferguson chose the bottle of wine. I think Coughlan would have hugely appreciated that had it been done quietly without the cameras all around making it a lovely personal moment in the day for him. For the Ferguson link alone I doubt it will be opened,
Alex Furguson used to present opposition managers, with bottles of Red from his own award winning vineyard. Perhaps MU have shares in it now.

Budweiser missed their opportunity yesterday by obviously not doing their research. They obviously assumed that it was a 15.00kick off and arrived after the 12.45 kick off and most fans missed their lorry going past as they were already in the ground.
IMO they could have made a much better Marketing Opportunity if they had liaised with the club..IMO it looked really amateurish by just having a lorry driving / reversing up and down Rodney Road.
They didn’t arrive late. The lorry was parked on Rodney Road by the players’ entrance for at least an hour before kick-off. Plenty of people were scanning in the QR code. The parking space was stewarded so obviously arranged in advance.
I would imagine the driving up & down during the game was to try to get on live TV coverage on iFollow & abroad & highlights packages.

Blackandamber wrote: February 7th, 2024, 3:51 pm
Blackandamber wrote: February 7th, 2024, 11:26 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001vxvq

I never get tired of hearing the Radio Wales commentary between 1 hour 35 mins and 1 hour 37 mins. Brilliant!
The Hazell / Compeed is much louder on the RW commentary than on the TV as the commentators are sat at the back of the stand.
After 1:48:00 Rob Phillips thinks the chant is "Antony's the greatest". Not the Hazell terrace's finest moment.

Blackandamber wrote: February 7th, 2024, 3:56 pm
Blackandamber wrote: February 7th, 2024, 3:51 pm
Blackandamber wrote: February 7th, 2024, 11:26 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001vxvq

I never get tired of hearing the Radio Wales commentary between 1 hour 35 mins and 1 hour 37 mins. Brilliant!
The Hazell / Compeed is much louder on the RW commentary than on the TV as the commentators are sat at the back of the stand.
After 1:48:00 Rob Phillips thinks the chant is "Antony's the greatest". Not the Hazell terrace's finest moment.
Although, in fairness, not Antony's finest moment either if the accusations outstanding against him are true.