Re: L2 Transfer Watch

County ranger wrote: January 31st, 2024, 3:16 pm
Chris Davis wrote: January 31st, 2024, 10:27 am I believe that the academy is one of the best places for ringfenced Trust investment into the AFC. However, that has to be researched with HJ to check that out. So, essentially - what level of investment will bring an acceptable level of return. This is in the context of what the competing priorities are and in which order of importance does the Club rank them.
The academy has a very poor record of producing players who can make a living out of football, I doubt anything the Trust raises would make any difference - sorting out proper first team training facilities must be key - I would close the academy to achieve this we would lose nothing.
That's what the other potential takeover group were looking at doing. If they'd been given the chance to tell you, maybe you'd have had a different opinion on that.

However, that would be such a counterintuitive thing to do. Watch how a new ownership regime and strategy changes things, then suddenly we'll magically be producing academy players capable of playing at this level.

Re: L2 Transfer Watch

rncfc wrote: January 31st, 2024, 3:31 pm
County ranger wrote: January 31st, 2024, 3:16 pm
Chris Davis wrote: January 31st, 2024, 10:27 am I believe that the academy is one of the best places for ringfenced Trust investment into the AFC. However, that has to be researched with HJ to check that out. So, essentially - what level of investment will bring an acceptable level of return. This is in the context of what the competing priorities are and in which order of importance does the Club rank them.
The academy has a very poor record of producing players who can make a living out of football, I doubt anything the Trust raises would make any difference - sorting out proper first team training facilities must be key - I would close the academy to achieve this we would lose nothing.
That's what the other potential takeover group were looking at doing. If they'd been given the chance to tell you, maybe you'd have had a different opinion on that.

However, that would be such a counterintuitive thing to do. Watch how a new ownership regime and strategy changes things, then suddenly we'll magically be producing academy players capable of playing at this level.
Well perhaps under new ownership we’ll keep them long enough and give them a chance in order to find out if they are!