Re: Scotland’s First Minister Mr Yousaf: Pro-Palestinian marches on Armistice Day should ‘absolutely’ go ahead

CathedralCounty wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:28 pm

For what it’s worth these protesters are buffoons – they don’t know which ‘river’ it is in the ‘river to the sea’
Tzipi Hotovely certainly knows. As she said, 'From the river to the sea, this land is ours and we should not apologise for this'.

The river is the Jordan. The sea is the Mediterranean. And Ms Hotovely, who incidentally believes only one State should exist, is The Israeli ambassador.

Re: Scotland’s First Minister Mr Yousaf: Pro-Palestinian marches on Armistice Day should ‘absolutely’ go ahead

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 8th, 2023, 7:54 pm

For what it’s worth these protesters are buffoons – they don’t know which ‘river’ it is in the ‘river to the sea’
Tzipi Hotovely certainly knows. As she said, 'From the river to the sea, this land is ours and we should not apologise for this'.

The river is the Jordan. The sea is the Mediterranean. And Ms Hotovely, who incidentally believes only one State should exist, is The Israeli ambassador.

Why is it that I get this feeling you are Anti-Israeli.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 9th, 2023, 1:16 pm

Because you're an idiot.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 9th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Because you're an idiot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 7th, 2023, 8:22 am

Secondly if those tragic young men and women were really slaughtered for freedom, shouldn't that include the freedom to march decrying the henious crimes bring committed by Hamas and the Israili military? They are not 'hate marches' as your utterly obnoxious Home Secretary would have it, they are not pro Palestinian as the BBC would have it. Thousands march because seeing children being killed is an affront to human dignity. A tiny number motivated by hate, as per those women with the hang-gliders, should not detract from that.
Sorry to quote myself but I have to answer the absurd accusation made by Torquay Exile.

Read that which I have written. '...henious crimes being committed by Hamas.......' '....A tiny number motivated by hate, as per those women with hang-gliders,....'

I am against murder. I utterly condemn the appalling actions of Hamas on October 7th. Anyone who bothered reading my posts can see that.

Having watch only last night, an Israeli settler gun down an unarmed Palestinian whilst a member of the Israeli Defence Force watched on, having seen a child gunned down by a IDF bullet whilst his sister watched and screamed. Having seen the shrouds covering countless numbers of Palestinian children I have only this to say.

Bombs which kill innocent civilians do not become legitimate weapons of warfare just because the are big bombs dropped from aeroplanes.

CathedralCounty wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:28 pm Its tone deaf at best and downright disrespectful at worst to hold a noisy and politically 'controversial' demo on remembrance day BUT the men (for it was and has been nearly all men – interestingly Israel being one of very few states who have conscription for both genders) who fought and died in the two world wars and subsequent conflicts would have supported people’s right to protest so for me I think let them protest because as I’ve said before I'm an [all but] free speech absolutist and one can’t pick and choose (although the Met police seems to).

For what it’s worth these protesters are buffoons – they don’t know which ‘river’ it is in the ‘river to the sea’ and they don’t seem to realise that their political views (far left leaning/socially progressive/pro LGBT, etc) is the antithesis of Hamas/Islam which is a regressive ideology – the classic case – ‘queers for Palestine’! Erm you do realise that its Israel that is hugely pro LGBT (Tel Aviv is a major gay friendly destination) and Palestine simply is not! I mean I get love thine enemies but its simply laughable.
People who have faced oppression tend to stand up for those who are currently oppressed. I think it says a lot about a person who can stand up for and support the rights of those who may not do the same for them. Certainly not the action of a 'buffoon'.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 9th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Because you're an idiot.

'Idiot' was formerly a technical term in legal and psychiatric contexts for some kinds of profound intellectual disability where the mental age is two years or less, and the person cannot guard themself against common physical dangers. The term was gradually replaced by 'profound mental retardation', which has since been replaced by other terms. 1. Along with terms like moron, imbecile, retard and cretin, its use to describe people with mental disabilities is considered archaic and offensive. 2. Moral idiocy refers to a moral disability.

I have called many people idiots in my life, afterwards I have always regret doing so. I have also apologised some time later. But when it comes to you apologising to people for what you have called them in the past, I just can't see you doing that. It takes a great person to understand they are wrong. There must be something going on in your life to say or do the things you are doing at this moment in time. You need help, You need to talk someone about your problems.
Last edited by Torquay Exile on November 9th, 2023, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Five arrests after pro-Palestinian protesters scale Scottish Parliament

The group scaled the building ahead of First Ministers Questions (Jane Barlow/PA)

I bet he not smiling now. The leader of the SNP (Mr. Humza Yousaf) is slowly destroying the party. If they don't lose important seats in the next Elections, I, for one will be totally shocked.

The blue line is the fencing borders around the Gaza strip built by Israel, to separate people with different religions and cultures.

There used to be an iron curtain separating communist countries from capitalism. There used to be a wall in Northern Ireland separating religious communities.

Life just works better when people are not penned in and blockaded, as strangely people are more tolerant and get on better, in multicultural multireligous societies.

Sadly colonial interests have created separation in South Africa, Pakistan, Israel, and even Cyprus.

DT1892 wrote: November 9th, 2023, 5:26 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:28 pm Its tone deaf at best and downright disrespectful at worst to hold a noisy and politically 'controversial' demo on remembrance day BUT the men (for it was and has been nearly all men – interestingly Israel being one of very few states who have conscription for both genders) who fought and died in the two world wars and subsequent conflicts would have supported people’s right to protest so for me I think let them protest because as I’ve said before I'm an [all but] free speech absolutist and one can’t pick and choose (although the Met police seems to).

For what it’s worth these protesters are buffoons – they don’t know which ‘river’ it is in the ‘river to the sea’ and they don’t seem to realise that their political views (far left leaning/socially progressive/pro LGBT, etc) is the antithesis of Hamas/Islam which is a regressive ideology – the classic case – ‘queers for Palestine’! Erm you do realise that its Israel that is hugely pro LGBT (Tel Aviv is a major gay friendly destination) and Palestine simply is not! I mean I get love thine enemies but its simply laughable.
People who have faced oppression tend to stand up for those who are currently oppressed. I think it says a lot about a person who can stand up for and support the rights of those who may not do the same for them. Certainly not the action of a 'buffoon'.
People who have faced oppression tend to stand up for those who are currently oppressed. I honestly don't think that's the driver! these people haven't thought about it have they? Its a few people who happen to be gay with a silly banner jumping on the fashionable cause bandwagon does anyone believe they are 'stand(ing) up for and support(ing) the rights of those who may not do the same for them'?! C'mon you know that's not whats happening here...

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 8th, 2023, 7:43 pm
Melling's equaliser wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:50 pm The Lord Mayor's Parade is also on Saturday in Central London. Lots of floats, horses and other colourful pageantry.
It starts at 10.45 and runs through the 2 minutes silence at 11AM and, apparently, this happens on Armistice Day every 10 years.
Not a peep out of the Mail, Spectator, etc. about that, probably because this weekend's real focus is on Sunday's Remembrance Day service and march past.

The Lord Mayor's Parade is traditional but could be seen as frivolous.
But a march for peace on Armistice Day, a couple of hours after 11AM and nowhere near the Cenotaph, is a 'hate march'.
That is a very good point.
Will the Lord Mayor's Show parade have anyone involved chanting 'From the river to the sea' or contain people with little pictures of paragliders selotaped to their backs?

CathedralCounty wrote: November 10th, 2023, 9:10 am
DT1892 wrote: November 9th, 2023, 5:26 pm

People who have faced oppression tend to stand up for those who are currently oppressed. I honestly don't think that's the driver! these people haven't thought about it have they? Its a few people who happen to be gay with a silly banner jumping on the fashionable cause bandwagon does anyone believe they are 'stand(ing) up for and support(ing) the rights of those who may not do the same for them'?! C'mon you know that's not whats happening here...
Obviously, it's not a bastion of gay rights in Palestine. It's about fighting oppression. Do you think LGBT folks over here should pull up the ladder behind them now that they've got theirs? Or should they continue to fight for those who still face oppression?

Gay Palestinians exist (a fact the Israeli military loves to use as blackmail) and there are many LGBT groups within Palestine. Do you not think it might be easier to fight for their rights if their homes weren't being stolen from them or bulldozed? Wouldn't it be easier for them if their homes, schools and hospitals weren't being bombed? I'm sure they would have more allies and supporters within Palestine if the IDF stopped murdering their friends and families.