Re: Wrectum Favourites with Bookies

Wrexham have unlimited funds for this level, with a manager who has worked at this level a lot previously. Their squad are all seasoned L1/L2 players, including the top scorer at this level a couple of years ago.

I think they'll find it harder than people think, but I also think they'll be in the top 7, and most likely in the top 3. Not really surprising that they're favourites for me. Players will want to go there at the moment.

excessbee wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:40 am We only have to play them twice! I'd settle for a good result at home.
I would add, the quicker they are our of our league the better for us. We have very little chance of challenging for automatic promotion next season, they will buy it in one of the next 2 or 3 seasons so we are better off with it being a season when we aren't challenging for the top 3. Get rid of them and get on with our agenda.

It is what happens to FGR next season that fascinates me, has Vince lost interest as he ramps up his political involvement or will they be back as his fantasy football team next season?

Amberexile wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am
excessbee wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:40 am We only have to play them twice! I'd settle for a good result at home.
I would add, the quicker they are our of our league the better for us. We have very little chance of challenging for automatic promotion next season, they will buy it in one of the next 2 or 3 seasons so we are better off with it being a season when we aren't challenging for the top 3. Get rid of them and get on with our agenda.

It is what happens to FGR next season that fascinates me, has Vince lost interest as he ramps up his political involvement or will they be back as his fantasy football team next season?
Having seen on the news that Dale Vince is funding these just stop oil protestors I thought it would be quite funny if all away fans boycotted FGR away for the season. Let’s be honest it’s a crappy ground for away fans anyway and would seriously dent their coffers as the away crowds are normally a big chunk of the attendance!

UPTHEPORT wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:29 am
flat4 wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 9:50 am Mid table consolidation would be a good result for them while learning what is needed to play/survive at this level.

You're of course joking I presume

They will buy the league they have players on stupid money
Agreed.

I don't think there's a lot in it between L2 and the National League. Whereas I think there is quite a step-up from L2 to L1. They won't lose any of the players they don't want to lose so you're looking at a core of Lee/Palmer/Mullin/Tozer/Young/Mendy etc most of which would walk into any L1 side. Plus the cash they're about to throw at it. I also don't think FFP will hamper them much because they'll be making a shed-load of cash with all the sponsorship revenue they get.

My money is on back to back promotions as much as it pains me to say.