Re: New media/marketing manager.

owlsabout wrote: May 29th, 2023, 7:11 pm Can only be good news let's be honest our media department has been pisspoor for ages .
I think that's a little bit harsh. We've improved a lot in terms of media content. The club releasing old footage of key games on YouTube for example and the Nicky Maynard/Grand Theft Auto homage tweet which went viral. I think that was mainly down to one person who didn't spend long at the club mind you.

As ever with our club it's the end product. There has been more than one vid put out this year where the audio has been unlistenable and it just makes us look tinpot. Hopefully they can address how we present to the world!

Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 30th, 2023, 10:51 am
owlsabout wrote: May 29th, 2023, 7:11 pm Can only be good news let's be honest our media department has been pisspoor for ages .
I think that's a little bit harsh. We've improved a lot in terms of media content. The club releasing old footage of key games on YouTube for example and the Nicky Maynard/Grand Theft Auto homage tweet which went viral. I think that was mainly down to one person who didn't spend long at the club mind you.

As ever with our club it's the end product. There has been more than one vid put out this year where the audio has been unlistenable and it just makes us look tinpot. Hopefully they can address how we present to the world!
Yes, our social media content is ordinary by league 2 standards but it wouldn't take much to elevate it to be the best. The video you talk of, for example, I stripped the audio and removed all the background noise myself and could hear every word GC said very clearly using pretty standard studio software. If I can do it...

Of course choosing somewhere quiet to hold interviews would be a better solution

Louis is a really good lad and is always looking for new ways to grow the fan base. For example, the collaboration he did with Manchester United for Charlie McNeil’s first pro goal was his suggestion. It grew our online following by a few hundred on Instagram which is our least followed media and it had several million views globally.
He has some great ideas which I am sure we will see from
him next season and when we needed someone to step up to the plate at short notice he did it and he did a great job too. All whilst still studying full time to complete his degree and travelling the lengths and breadths of the country to ensure the games were covered along with the amazing Nicola Johns.

I have every faith in him and look forward to following his work over the coming season. He was a pleasure to work with and I am excited to see how the media coverage will develop under his care.

Kelly Anderson wrote: June 7th, 2023, 9:34 pm Louis is a really good lad and is always looking for new ways to grow the fan base. For example, the collaboration he did with Manchester United for Charlie McNeil’s first pro goal was his suggestion. It grew our online following by a few hundred on Instagram which is our least followed media and it had several million views globally.
him next season and when we needed someone to step up to the plate at short notice he did it and he did a great job too. All whilst still studying full time to complete his degree and travelling the lengths and breadths of the country to ensure the games were covered along with the amazing Nicola Johns.

I have every faith in him and look forward to following his work over the coming season. He was a pleasure to work with and I am excited to see how the media coverage will develop under his care.
Thanks for that insight and endorsement

Kelly Anderson wrote: June 7th, 2023, 9:34 pm Louis is a really good lad and is always looking for new ways to grow the fan base. For example, the collaboration he did with Manchester United for Charlie McNeil’s first pro goal was his suggestion. It grew our online following by a few hundred on Instagram which is our least followed media and it had several million views globally.

Really like what I see so far.