Re: Rob Dunkley League 2 Football Forum ( The Football Forum.net ) ....Re wages

No it isn't. If you have a £100,000 mortgage you wouldn't go around worrying that you owe £100,000. You would only worry if you couldn't make the payments. Les couldn't take action to recover the balance unless the agreed payments were not being made. They are, so if I was a director I would not consider the club to be in debt (even if it is the club that owes the money and not the Trust as I believe is most likely to be the case).

G Guest wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:13 pm No it isn't. If you have a £100,000 mortgage you wouldn't go around worrying that you owe £100,000. You would only worry if you couldn't make the payments. Les couldn't take action to recover the balance unless the agreed payments were not being made. They are, so if I was a director I would not consider the club to be in debt (even if it is the club that owes the money and not the Trust as I believe is most likely to be the case).
George,

If you owe money it is called a debt. If you can't pay the debt you are insolvent.

I am truly sorry if that simple concept is beyond you. That it is beyond Peter Madigan is worrying.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 8:09 pm
G Guest wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:13 pm No it isn't. If you have a £100,000 mortgage you wouldn't go around worrying that you owe £100,000. You would only worry if you couldn't make the payments. Les couldn't take action to recover the balance unless the agreed payments were not being made. They are, so if I was a director I would not consider the club to be in debt (even if it is the club that owes the money and not the Trust as I believe is most likely to be the case).
George,

If you owe money it is called a debt. If you can't pay the debt you are insolvent.

I am truly sorry if that simple concept is beyond you. That it is beyond Peter Madigan is worrying.
Absolutely everything is worrying if you choose it to be. The fact is if things worry you, ignore the things that you can't have any effect over. Stan choosing to worry about things he has no control over and even no connection to in the real world, is the real problem for everyone else, as it does affect the club. As confirmed by Kelly Anderson, Peter Madigan and Graham Coughlan no less.......

G Guest wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:32 pm It is a bit of an odd one. We all realise that so long as the terms of the agreement with Les are met and the instalments are paid on time it is not what you would normally call a debt. I presume that the Trust and Newport County AFC Ltd are separate legal entities. As such, the club need not be party to this arrangement which could have been made between the Trust and Les without Newport County being involved. If that is so nothing would be included in the club's accounts because it is the Trust not the club which "owes" the money.
Looking at the accounts of the Trust, they show nothing to suggest that the debt to Scadding is theirs, whereas the Club's account do suggest that the Club owes money to previous Directors. When Madigan said that the club has no debts as such, he went on to mention the commitment to pay off Scadding and to say that we are not in a Bury or Southend. What he probably should have said is that we have no debts that threaten the existence of the club. After all any trading company will have both assets and debts in accountancy terms at any given time.

I suppose it is possible that there are three parties to the agreement. That Les agreed to transfer his shareholding to the Trust if Newport County paid him £300,000 over 10 years. The item in the club's accounts "Loans from former directors" I have seen myself. It may include Les but not just him as other directors lent the club money in the past as well. Anyway it is a beneficial arrangement which enabled the Trust to gain control and is nothing to worry about.

Amberexile wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:57 pm

Looking at the accounts of the Trust, they show nothing to suggest that the debt to Scadding is theirs, whereas the Club's account do suggest that the Club owes money to previous Directors. When Madigan said that the club has no debts as such, he went on to mention the commitment to pay off Scadding and to say that we are not in a Bury or Southend. What he probably should have said is that we have no debts that threaten the existence of the club. After all any trading company will have both assets and debts in accountancy terms at any given time.
That is clearly correct.

But it does mean that every year we have to find £36,000. Allowing for 23 League games that means the first £1,562-22p of gate receipts for each game goes to reimburse Les Scadding.

I make no criticism of the payment but I am critical of of saying we have no debts as such. It is so obviously untrue. And sadly Newport County have form for this. We have paid off our historic debt. No we have consolodated our debt. We are having our pitch laid by the company who laid Aston Villa's pitch. No someone who supplies grass seeds to Aston Villa is laying our pitch. Les Scadding is running the club via Skype from the Caribbean. Well that one was total BS. I could go on.

Trust doesn't require those running our club to be perfect. People make mistakes. Sometimes things go wrong. But when lies are told, or when the truth is disguised, trust goes out the window.

There is now a chance to reset. There is nothing which is true which can't be overcome. But too many people have walked away from our club because of the total bullshit the club has told supporters for far too long.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:29 pm

That is clearly correct.

But it does mean that every year we have to find £36,000. Allowing for 23 League games that means the first £1,562-22p of gate receipts for each game goes to reimburse Les Scadding.

I make no criticism of the payment but I am critical of of saying we have no debts as such. It is so obviously untrue. And sadly Newport County have form for this. We have paid off our historic debt. No we have consolodated our debt. We are having our pitch laid by the company who laid Aston Villa's pitch. No someone who supplies grass seeds to Aston Villa is laying our pitch. Les Scadding is running the club via Skype from the Caribbean. Well that one was total BS. I could go on.

Trust doesn't require those running our club to be perfect. People make mistakes. Sometimes things go wrong. But when lies are told, or when the truth is disguised, trust goes out the window.

There is now a chance to reset. There is nothing which is true which can't be overcome. But too many people have walked away from our club because of the total bullshit the club has told supporters for far too long.
Have they indeed........ Or is that statement bullshit as usual?

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 29th, 2023, 1:09 am

That is clearly correct.

You certainly can’t argue with the fact that the Trust membership numbers seem to be reducing, why do you think that maybe the case?

Of course I can only go on the January notes as apparently there have been no further meetings in over 4 months since then, and consequently I have to assume that there has been no significant upturn in applications.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 29th, 2023, 11:36 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: May 29th, 2023, 1:09 am

That is clearly correct.

You certainly can’t argue with the fact that the Trust membership numbers seem to be reducing, why do you think that maybe the case?

Of course I can only go on the January notes as apparently there have been no further meetings in over 4 months since then, and consequently I have to assume that there has been no significant upturn in applications.
There may have been a small reduction in physical numbers, but the money made from subscriptions is still the same. Home gates are not reducing so "too many people walking away from the club due to total bullshit" simply is another fantasy.

Like you I have no idea why the monthly notes have stopped, but when you have posters who constantly perpetuate fantasy, what exactly is the point in publication if it is simply being used as ammunition by the uninformed?

I did however note that the new communications manager seems to have a different remit with a promise of a different, more relevant type of communication.

This sounds like it will appeal more to the youth - who as someone else said - are unlikely to turn up in numbers for a club financial update, or any thing that requires more than 30 seconds to read. That's not knocking anyone, it's just commenting on how things evolve in a fast moving media world.