Re: Rob Dunkley League 2 Football Forum ( The Football Forum.net ) ....Re wages

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:25 pm Jim,

Here's my problem with what you say. Not with you, but with what you say.

You want Newport County to be successful. I get that. But I think you are letting your hopes to cloud your judgement. You post as fact that there were people on this board who thought a certain sponsorship deal was dodgy. You post on here that it was a South African Company, and that this company actually did pay the money.

But you can't remember who the company were. And you don't seem to remember who told you that the money was paid.

To be clear, what follows is my opinion and is not being presented as a fact.

I think you so much want Newport County to be a well run club that you are going to believe that no matter what. I also think that you are getting angry at anyone who suggests that Newport County are not well run.
It is up to Stan to confirm who it was that told him that it may not have been paid, as it is Stan making all the allegations to support his theory that the club is not well run. It's as simple as that.

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:28 pm

You want Newport County to be successful. I get that. But I think you are letting your hopes to cloud your judgement. You post as fact that there were people on this board who thought a certain sponsorship deal was dodgy. You post on here that it was a South African Company, and that this company actually did pay the money.

But you can't remember who the company were. And you don't seem to remember who told you that the money was paid.

I think you so much want Newport County to be a well run club that you are going to believe that no matter what. I also think that you are getting angry at anyone who suggests that Newport County are not well run.
OK let's deal in facts Newport county last Season had the lowest budget in the football league I'd say that was well managed
Two things which you would need to know to say that is a fact.
Firstly what was Newport County's budget last season?

Secondly what was the budget of every other team in League 2?

And if you don't know the answer to those questions your assertion doesn't get off the ground.

If you do know the answers then the next question which arises is why does a team representing a city the size of Newport have such a low budget?

And while you contemplate that let's deal with the fact that not only do you have no recall about this 'South African Company' you still haven't answered who told you the debt had been paid.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:43 pm

OK let's deal in facts Newport county last Season had the lowest budget in the football league I'd say that was well managed

And if you don't know the answer to those questions your assertion doesn't get off the ground.

If you do know the answers then the next question which arises is why does a team representing a city the size of Newport have such a low budget?

And while you contemplate that let's deal with the fact that not only do you have no recall about this 'South African Company' you still haven't answered who told you the debt had been paid.
You're correct when you tell us who's supplying You're rumours I'll tell you mine

How's that

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:48 pm

You're correct when you tell us who's supplying You're rumours I'll tell you mine

How's that
Fine.

The club don't have any debts but are paying off a debt of £3,000 per month to Les Scadding. Peter Madigan in the Argus said that. Confirming that either he is a complete idiot or he thinks Newport County supporters are all complete idiots.

So who told you that the Sponsorship debt by a South African Company had been paid?

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:31 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:23 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:11 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:37 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:32 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:25 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:01 pm

We had a sponsor few years back now who paid us even though they didn't have a set up in the UK

Some on here thought it was a dodgy deal but we got paid
Genuinely would like to know. I'm not trying to catch you out.

Who were these sponsors? Why were they late paying? How much did they pay? How do you know?
I'd have to Google it to be honest
But I was told there was no problem with the payment we got 50% up front the rest later in season as usual

I think they where a South African betting company
There is a South African bookmakers called Interbet. They are not connected to an internet startup in the UK called Interbet.

Who was it told you we got paid?
They where the South African company looking to start up over here now someone may have used that name but I know they where a South African firm

No Jim they weren’t. Different companies.

From County’s own website :-

Interbet.com is a brand new betting service based in Cardiff offering great odds on all major sporting events. Interbet.com also offer exclusive promotions and great offers across all platforms.
And who owns the British arm of interbet

As I said, they are totally different companies. Nothing at all to do with each other

Exile 1976 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:27 pm

As I said, they are totally different companies. Nothing at all to do with each other
Do you know whether the Cardiff based start up still exist? Or indeed if they ever actually traded?

Checking at Gov UK all I can find is a company based in Birmingham. Incorporated on June 23, 2004 and disolved on 11 July 2017.

Edit.

I have now found Internet Global LTD. In both 2022 and 2021 they filed accounts as a dormant company and changed their name on 23 April 2021. But they changed it to, not from, Interbet Global, so it can't be them.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:01 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:48 pm

How's that
Fine.

The club don't have any debts but are paying off a debt of £3,000 per month to Les Scadding. Peter Madigan in the Argus said that. Confirming that either he is a complete idiot or he thinks Newport County supporters are all complete idiots.

So who told you that the Sponsorship debt by a South African Company had been paid?

Les Scadding owned the majority share ownership of Newport County (worth over a million) . The deal for those shares to transfer to the ownership of the trust, included a payment of £30k annually for ten years to Les Scadding.

I am not an accountant, so could someone who is, please confirm if the £30k annual payment is likely to be classed as a debt, or simply continuation of loan repayments agreed before the trust took ownership. In other words is it a service payment that the trust are obligated to make, and may/may not appear in the accounts under the term debt.

Some one else flagged up previously that the club may have a creditors and debtors who are the same company in the accounts as well.

The chap who started the Interbet that sponsored the club apparently sold his brand for a pretty penny within a couple of years. Whether or not that’s true is irrelevant. I was told at the time by a director of the club that they paid in full and there was never any problems with payments despite the rumour mongering of the usual trouble makers.

Ive no reason to doubt that we specially as there are no bad debt provisions in the accounts that I can see from the subsequent years.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:47 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:27 pm

Do you know whether the Cardiff based start up still exist? Or indeed if they ever actually traded?

Checking at Gov UK all I can find is a company based in Birmingham. Incorporated on June 23, 2004 and disolved on 11 July 2017.

Edit.

I have now found Internet Global LTD. In both 2022 and 2021 they filed accounts as a dormant company and changed their name on 23 April 2021. But they changed it to, not from, Interbet Global, so it can't be them.
From what I can gather, yes they are still active
https://www.interbet.com

Looks like they’re owned and operated by ProgressPlay Ltd
Last edited by Exile 1976 on May 28th, 2023, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:59 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:48 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:41 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:38 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:48 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:14 am So overall we are a well managed Club then punching
If you weren't responding to Neil Jim, who were you responding to?
The thread it says we have the smallest budget in the fl and even some NL clubs

So again we must be a well run club
Jim,

Who were you responding to?
I'll repeat myself again

I was responding to the thread now is that clear enough

If I'm responding to you I'll quote you

Now stop chucking accusations about please
No Jim it's not clear.

You were responding to Neil,.pretending you were not is making you look foolish.
I'll let others make their minds up
It’s quite dear that you were replying to the thread, UTP. Stan E telling you what you should think, what you should write and what you should believe is typical of a mischief making, club damaging, proven liar.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:55 pm

Les Scadding owned the majority share ownership of Newport County (worth over a million) . The deal for those shares to transfer to the ownership of the trust, included a payment of £30k annually for ten years to Les Scadding.

I am not an accountant, so could someone who is, please confirm if the £30k annual payment is likely to be classed as a debt, or simply continuation of loan repayments agreed before the trust took ownership. In other words is it a service payment that the trust are obligated to make, and may/may not appear in the accounts under the term debt.

Some one else flagged up previously that the club may have a creditors and debtors who are the same company in the accounts as well.
The money owed to Scadding is shown in the accounts although he is not named it mentions former directors.

It is a bit of an odd one. We all realise that so long as the terms of the agreement with Les are met and the instalments are paid on time it is not what you would normally call a debt. I presume that the Trust and Newport County AFC Ltd are separate legal entities. As such, the club need not be party to this arrangement which could have been made between the Trust and Les without Newport County being involved. If that is so nothing would be included in the club's accounts because it is the Trust not the club which "owes" the money.

G Guest wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:32 pm It is a bit of an odd one. We all realise that so long as the terms of the agreement with Les are met and the instalments are paid on time it is not what you would normally call a debt. I presume that the Trust and Newport County AFC Ltd are separate legal entities. As such, the club need not be party to this arrangement which could have been made between the Trust and Les without Newport County being involved. If that is so nothing would be included in the club's accounts because it is the Trust not the club which "owes" the money.
As it was first mentioned at the trust takeover proposal meeting, I would assume that the arrangement could have been between Les and the rest of the NCAFC board, and the commitment transferred with the share ownership. That may explain the director reference, as Les has never been a director of the trust.

G Guest wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:32 pm It is a bit of an odd one. We all realise that so long as the terms of the agreement with Les are met and the instalments are paid on time it is not what you would normally call a debt. I presume that the Trust and Newport County AFC Ltd are separate legal entities. As such, the club need not be party to this arrangement which could have been made between the Trust and Les without Newport County being involved. If that is so nothing would be included in the club's accounts because it is the Trust not the club which "owes" the money.

George,

Which ever way you cut it, every penny that is paid to Lotto Les is a penny which doesn't go to Newport County. I am not suggesting that it necessarily a bad thing, but to call it anything but a debt is just plain daft.