Re: Rob Dunkley League 2 Football Forum ( The Football Forum.net ) ....Re wages

Risca_Exile wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:46 am Doesn't go into that much detail but if figures published are correct most teams in the National League have probably got a higher wage bill than we have too.

Given that we averaged 4100 last season @ approx £15 per head per game....

4100 X 15 = 61500 gate receipts per game
61500 X 23 games = 1414500......

I have no idea what the BOD budgeted for but I would have thought that the crowds we got were surely higher than any member of the board would have expected when the budget meeting took place.
I am sure I saw someone post that 3700 was a break even figure ????? Whether that figure quoted was near the budgeted number is pure speculation on my behalf, only hearsay..

If the figures I quote are correct or near to the mark then I hope the club did everything right on the Commercial Side, Hospitality, League /TV rights ,etc and we are not as skint as some people are saying they are hearing.
OK Rowberry wasn't a success, but even though he was sacked surely it wouldn't have cost us too much..I have been told he was on less Wages than Flynn was on . He would have probably only got a few months severance pay and since GC has been in he didn't spend that much on new recruits.
Charsley was the only contracted player he signed and we probably weren't paying much for the three loan players he brought in . He got Dolan , Willmott and Collins off the wage bill and sent a few out on loan as well as sending loan players back to their clubs that he didn't want so I would hope we kept within our wage structure whereas some struggling sides like Gillingham and Colchester probably went over budget to preserve their league 2 place.
I wonder what was the expected/budgeted income loss with the demise of Hood Hill and Hummel franchise, I expect they still owed us money from previous seasons
[/quote]

Havent both been replaced with other sponsors ?

Bad business from us if we didnt strike a deal that was a rolling contract at least so we had some income off them and not wait until the companies had gone tits up and left us in the lurch ?

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:41 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:38 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:48 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:14 am So overall we are a well managed Club then punching
If you weren't responding to Neil Jim, who were you responding to?
The thread it says we have the smallest budget in the fl and even some NL clubs

So again we must be a well run club
Jim,

Who were you responding to?
I'll repeat myself again

I was responding to the thread now is that clear enough

If I'm responding to you I'll quote you

Now stop chucking accusations about please
No Jim it's not clear.

You were responding to Neil,.pretending you were not is making you look foolish.

neilcork68 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:42 pm
Risca_Exile wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:46 am Doesn't go into that much detail but if figures published are correct most teams in the National League have probably got a higher wage bill than we have too.

I have no idea what the BOD budgeted for but I would have thought that the crowds we got were surely higher than any member of the board would have expected when the budget meeting took place.
I am sure I saw someone post that 3700 was a break even figure ????? Whether that figure quoted was near the budgeted number is pure speculation on my behalf, only hearsay..

If the figures I quote are correct or near to the mark then I hope the club did everything right on the Commercial Side, Hospitality, League /TV rights ,etc and we are not as skint as some people are saying they are hearing.
OK Rowberry wasn't a success, but even though he was sacked surely it wouldn't have cost us too much..I have been told he was on less Wages than Flynn was on . He would have probably only got a few months severance pay and since GC has been in he didn't spend that much on new recruits.
Charsley was the only contracted player he signed and we probably weren't paying much for the three loan players he brought in . He got Dolan , Willmott and Collins off the wage bill and sent a few out on loan as well as sending loan players back to their clubs that he didn't want so I would hope we kept within our wage structure whereas some struggling sides like Gillingham and Colchester probably went over budget to preserve their league 2 place.
I wonder what was the expected/budgeted income loss with the demise of Hood Hill and Hummel franchise, I expect they still owed us money from previous seasons

Bad business from us if we didnt strike a deal that was a rolling contract at least so we had some income off them and not wait until the companies had gone tits up and left us in the lurch ?
[/quote]

I would have thought it was standard for sponsorship to be paid in advance, especially for shirt sponsorship.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:48 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:41 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:38 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:48 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:14 am So overall we are a well managed Club then punching
If you weren't responding to Neil Jim, who were you responding to?
The thread it says we have the smallest budget in the fl and even some NL clubs

So again we must be a well run club
Jim,

Who were you responding to?
I'll repeat myself again

I was responding to the thread now is that clear enough

If I'm responding to you I'll quote you

Now stop chucking accusations about please
No Jim it's not clear.

You were responding to Neil,.pretending you were not is making you look foolish.
I'll let others make their minds up

And just to be clear.

I like Jim. I think he is being ridiculous but we all have our moments. Jim raises money for charity. Jim does a thankless job in the NHS. Further Jim doesn't disguise who he is. Whether I agree with him or not I will always read what he has to say and he will always have my respect.

I haven't got a clue what Bangitinthenet's contribution to this debate is. His views are not worth my time.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:52 pm
neilcork68 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:42 pm

I would have thought it was standard for sponsorship to be paid in advance, especially for shirt sponsorship.
[/quote]

We had a sponsor few years back now who paid us even though they didn't have a set up in the UK

Some on here thought it was a dodgy deal but we got paid

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:25 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:01 pm

We had a sponsor few years back now who paid us even though they didn't have a set up in the UK

Genuinely would like to know. I'm not trying to catch you out.

Who were these sponsors? Why were they late paying? How much did they pay? How do you know?
I'd have to Google it to be honest
But I was told there was no problem with the payment we got 50% up front the rest later in season as usual

I think they where a South African betting company

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:32 pm

Who were these sponsors? Why were they late paying? How much did they pay? How do you know?
But I was told there was no problem with the payment we got 50% up front the rest later in season as usual

There is a South African bookmakers called Interbet. They are not connected to an internet startup in the UK called Interbet.

Who was it told you we got paid?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:37 pm

There is a South African bookmakers called Interbet. They are not connected to an internet startup in the UK called Interbet.

They where the South African company looking to start up over here now someone may have used that name but I know they where a South African firm

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:11 pm

They where the South African company looking to start up over here now someone may have used that name but I know they where a South African firm

No Jim they weren’t. Different companies.

From County’s own website :-

Interbet.com is a brand new betting service based in Cardiff offering great odds on all major sporting events. Interbet.com also offer exclusive promotions and great offers across all platforms.

Jim,

Here's my problem with what you say. Not with you, but with what you say.

You want Newport County to be successful. I get that. But I think you are letting your hopes to cloud your judgement. You post as fact that there were people on this board who thought a certain sponsorship deal was dodgy. You post on here that it was a South African Company, and that this company actually did pay the money.

But you can't remember who the company were. And you don't seem to remember who told you that the money was paid.

To be clear, what follows is my opinion and is not being presented as a fact.

I think you so much want Newport County to be a well run club that you are going to believe that no matter what. I also think that you are getting angry at anyone who suggests that Newport County are not well run.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:25 pm Jim,

Here's my problem with what you say. Not with you, but with what you say.

You want Newport County to be successful. I get that. But I think you are letting your hopes to cloud your judgement. You post as fact that there were people on this board who thought a certain sponsorship deal was dodgy. You post on here that it was a South African Company, and that this company actually did pay the money.

But you can't remember who the company were. And you don't seem to remember who told you that the money was paid.

To be clear, what follows is my opinion and is not being presented as a fact.

I think you so much want Newport County to be a well run club that you are going to believe that no matter what. I also think that you are getting angry at anyone who suggests that Newport County are not well run.
OK let's deal in facts Newport county last Season had the lowest budget in the football league I'd say that was well managed

Exile 1976 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:23 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:11 pm

No Jim they weren’t. Different companies.

From County’s own website :-

Interbet.com is a brand new betting service based in Cardiff offering great odds on all major sporting events. Interbet.com also offer exclusive promotions and great offers across all platforms.
And who owns the British arm of interbet