Re: Rob Dunkley League 2 Football Forum ( The Football Forum.net ) ....Re wages

neilcork68 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 2:38 pm On this forum there is a thread listed as League 2

On this thread someone has posted an attachment from some other source that states our weekly wage bill was £30,808. . The smallest budget of all the teams .
Bradford , Doncaster and Gillingham's budget is stated as 100%+ more than ours

If these figures are correct we are spending.£1,600,000 per season on wages ?????
Puts into perspective the "the club can't ask for more money from the fans" comment IMO.

Fu Ming wrote: May 27th, 2023, 7:05 pm Does that figure include non playing staff at the club??

Doesn't go into that much detail but if figures published are correct most teams in the National League have probably got a higher wage bill than we have too.

Given that we averaged 4100 last season @ approx £15 per head per game....

4100 X 15 = 61500 gate receipts per game
61500 X 23 games = 1414500......

I have no idea what the BOD budgeted for but I would have thought that the crowds we got were surely higher than any member of the board would have expected when the budget meeting took place.
I am sure I saw someone post that 3700 was a break even figure ????? Whether that figure quoted was near the budgeted number is pure speculation on my behalf, only hearsay..

If the figures I quote are correct or near to the mark then I hope the club did everything right on the Commercial Side, Hospitality, League /TV rights ,etc and we are not as skint as some people are saying they are hearing.
OK Rowberry wasn't a success, but even though he was sacked surely it wouldn't have cost us too much..I have been told he was on less Wages than Flynn was on . He would have probably only got a few months severance pay and since GC has been in he didn't spend that much on new recruits.
Charsley was the only contracted player he signed and we probably weren't paying much for the three loan players he brought in . He got Dolan , Willmott and Collins off the wage bill and sent a few out on loan as well as sending loan players back to their clubs that he didn't want so I would hope we kept within our wage structure whereas some struggling sides like Gillingham and Colchester probably went over budget to preserve their league 2 place.

So sad.

Neil writes a long considerered article. Open to discussion and criticism. And Jim just posts up a one line sarcastic comment. And magages to totally misrepresent that which Neil has written.

Jim if you want to disagree with Neil do so. I would be interested to hear your structured views. You are a better person than your post suggests. Stop letting yourself down.

Doesn't go into that much detail but if figures published are correct most teams in the National League have probably got a higher wage bill than we have too.

Given that we averaged 4100 last season @ approx £15 per head per game....

4100 X 15 = 61500 gate receipts per game
61500 X 23 games = 1414500......

I have no idea what the BOD budgeted for but I would have thought that the crowds we got were surely higher than any member of the board would have expected when the budget meeting took place.
I am sure I saw someone post that 3700 was a break even figure ????? Whether that figure quoted was near the budgeted number is pure speculation on my behalf, only hearsay..

If the figures I quote are correct or near to the mark then I hope the club did everything right on the Commercial Side, Hospitality, League /TV rights ,etc and we are not as skint as some people are saying they are hearing.
OK Rowberry wasn't a success, but even though he was sacked surely it wouldn't have cost us too much..I have been told he was on less Wages than Flynn was on . He would have probably only got a few months severance pay and since GC has been in he didn't spend that much on new recruits.
Charsley was the only contracted player he signed and we probably weren't paying much for the three loan players he brought in . He got Dolan , Willmott and Collins off the wage bill and sent a few out on loan as well as sending loan players back to their clubs that he didn't want so I would hope we kept within our wage structure whereas some struggling sides like Gillingham and Colchester probably went over budget to preserve their league 2 place.
[/quote]

I wonder what was the expected/budgeted income loss with the demise of Hood Hill and Hummel franchise, I expect they still owed us money from previous seasons

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:34 am So sad.

Neil writes a long considerered article. Open to discussion and criticism. And Jim just posts up a one line sarcastic comment. And magages to totally misrepresent that which Neil has written.

Jim if you want to disagree with Neil do so. I would be interested to hear your structured views. You are a better person than your post suggests. Stop letting yourself down.
Sorry what's sarcastic about what I've written and it was nothing to do with Neil

I'll repeat we must be a very well managed club

What is sarcastic about that

If I was responding to Neil I would have quoted him

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:48 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:14 am So overall we are a well managed Club then punching
If you weren't responding to Neil Jim, who were you responding to?
The thread it says we have the smallest budget in the fl and even some NL clubs

So again we must be a well run club
Jim,

Who were you responding to?

Edit.

A non sarcastic reasoned post would have been.

In my opinion notwithstanding your other criticisms I believe that for a club with a budget which is smaller than any in our league and some in non league shows that we are a well run club.

Which is a reasoned argument.

My response would be to ask why a club representing a city the size of Newport and receiving such large funds from the EFL has a smaller budget than everyone else in League 2 not to mention non league clubs who are not only from smaller towns but who don't get the EFL solidarity payments somehow manage to have bigger budgets

You may have an answer and if you do I would be interested to know what it is. That's how we debate.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on May 28th, 2023, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:38 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:48 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:14 am So overall we are a well managed Club then punching
If you weren't responding to Neil Jim, who were you responding to?
The thread it says we have the smallest budget in the fl and even some NL clubs

So again we must be a well run club
Jim,

Who were you responding to?
I'll repeat myself again

I was responding to the thread now is that clear enough

If I'm responding to you I'll quote you

Now stop chucking accusations about please