Re: Shareholders and Owners meeting

excessbee wrote: May 24th, 2023, 2:59 pm Perhaps the agenda will be included in the statement 'further details will follow '.... I doubt whether a full financial statement will be made public ahead of the meeting as this meeting will take place before the date on which the accounts have to be filed.
The accounts have been done. In any event the accounts are not the same as a full financial statement. If the club wish either to a) ask supporters for more money, or b) wish to discuss a move away from the present regime of full supporter ownership, a full financial statement is the least we deserve.

excessbee wrote: May 24th, 2023, 2:59 pm Perhaps the agenda will be included in the statement 'further details will follow '.... I doubt whether a full financial statement will be made public ahead of the meeting as this meeting will take place before the date on which the accounts have to be filed.
The date quoted is the last date for filing, there was and is no reason as to why they couldn’t have been provided earlier.

You could well be right with regards to the timing but I'm not sure a full financial statement would be sufficient for some members anyway. When I was involved in making lending decisions for a high street bank, we defined a full financial statement as the last 3 years cash flow statement, P&L and balance sheet. That was fairly standard in the finance sector and sufficient to make our lending decisions.

Amberexile wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:00 pm
You could well be right with regards to the timing but I'm not sure a full financial statement would be sufficient for some members anyway. When I was involved in making lending decisions for a high street bank, we defined a full financial statement as the last 3 years cash flow statement, P&L and balance sheet. That was fairly standard in the finance sector and sufficient to make our lending decisions.
Don’t forget management accounts :grin:

This is mad:
To amend the Articles of Association by the insertion of new articles 5, 15 and 16 and by renumbering the remaining articles accordingly
No further wording or indication of what these new Articles will say. If you're going to seek to amend the club’s Articles of Association with three weeks' notice, it might be worth actually TELLING PEOPLE what it is you're seeking to do! Does anyone have a copy of current Articles?

Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 7th, 2023, 5:45 pm This is mad:
To amend the Articles of Association by the insertion of new articles 5, 15 and 16 and by renumbering the remaining articles accordingly
No further wording or indication of what these new Articles will say. If you're going to seek to amend the club’s Articles of Association with three weeks' notice, it might be worth actually TELLING PEOPLE what it is you're seeking to do! Does anyone have a copy of current Articles?
The trust model rules are on the club website.

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:44 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 7th, 2023, 5:45 pm This is mad:
The trust model rules are on the club website.
But they are not the memorandum and articles of Newport Association Football Club Limited, which I think these amendments are referring to.