Re: Shareholders and Owners meeting

Well yeah, I think that’s a given isn’t it? Tuesday sees us be dignified with some information about what the board and Mr Pratt are proposing in terms of ditching the fan ownership model, in the hope that it gets waved through by the few who turn up, and then the AGM ratifies it with minimal notice and it’s job done. If that sounds cynical, apologies, but none of this feels like fans are being treated as valued and equal partners in the process. Happy to be proven wrong.

excessbee wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:39 pm Well everyone, assuming the three categories of admission covers just about everyone, can at least say they have been given the opportunity to say their piece, and presumably vote if there are proposals suggested to go to the AGM.
Pause for a moment. If you genuinely want a discussion then have and agenda set out beforehand. It gives people the chance to think about things first.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:49 pm As I understand it (and happy to be corrected) the AGM is just for shareholders of the club but not for Trust members. Tuesday is a meeting for both categories. Again though, the fact that this isn’t clear doesn’t reflect well.
I agree, it's ambiguous.
As a current Trust Member and a Community Shareholder, I can go to the meeting on Tuesday and the Trust AGM, I cannot attend the Club AGM on the 29th as I am not a Club Shareholder. The Club AGM on the 29th remains a relatively exclusive event, with even Greenhauf and Southall
entitled to attend of they didn't gift their shares to the Trust as originally intended. The Trust Community Shareholders will only be represented by those Trust Board members who sit on the Club Board, if any still remain....?
Tuesday's meeting is shaping up to be a talking shop, but the Club AGM might well be the most significant since the Club reformed.

So when is the Trust AGM? I fear that most of the business will have been discussed and agreed by then, with a bleak 'no choice, we have to change the model' message thereafter, in the hope that County Trust members are as gullible as those at Newport Rugby Club, who were given a similar story of oblivion if they didn't vote for change.

Look how that ended.....

Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:49 pm As I understand it (and happy to be corrected) the AGM is just for shareholders of the club but not for Trust members. Tuesday is a meeting for both categories. Again though, the fact that this isn’t clear doesn’t reflect well.
That isnt my understanding at all. If you look at the Bronze membership category it states you have ‘voting rights’ and part ownership of Newport County AFC. All other categories have Bronze plus. All Trust members will be eligible to join the AGM.

excessbee wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:39 pm Well everyone, assuming the three categories of admission covers just about everyone, can at least say they have been given the opportunity to say their piece, and presumably vote if there are proposals suggested to go to the AGM.
Surely if there is to be a vote on significant issues then that should be put to the wider membership and just those who are able to attend on Tuesday. Exeter utilise electronic voting to give everyone the opportunity of having a say, so should we.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:50 pm
Pause for a moment. If you genuinely want a discussion then have and agenda set out beforehand. It gives people the chance to think about things first.
Well, I wouldn't disagree with that, but just because an agenda for Tuesday's meeting hasn't yet been published it doesn't mean to say that there won't be one posted ahead of the meeting. I accept that the clock is ticking.

Doyle Lonnegan wrote: June 7th, 2023, 11:21 pm The original email about Tuesdays meeting included the following:

To register to attend this meeting please email office@newport-county.co.uk, stating whether you are a club shareholder, trust member, or community shareholder.

I have done so but not received any reply. Has anyone else?
I’ve been told that the intention is to reply to all closer to the date with further details. It seems you won’t get a confirmation email. I suspect they are asking for an email to gauge numbers attending.