Top ten

It’s the full summer months so here’s an idea I spotted from a different sports team: asking AI to rank the top ten County players

Len Weare - A legendary goalkeeper who played for Newport County from 1924 to 1939. Weare was known for his agility, shot-stopping abilities, and loyalty to the club.
Reg Parker - An influential forward who represented Newport County from 1929 to 1947. Parker scored an impressive 184 goals in 238 appearances for the club.
Trevor Ford - A prolific striker who played for Newport County from 1946 to 1949. Ford's goal-scoring prowess earned him a move to Sunderland, and he later became a Wales international.
Ivor Allchurch - Although Allchurch's stint at Newport County was relatively short (1950-1958), he was a highly skilled midfielder and a vital asset during his time at the club. Allchurch went on to have a distinguished career with Swansea City and Wales.
John Aldridge - Aldridge joined Newport County in 1979 and stayed with the club until 1984. He was a prolific goal-scorer, known for his composure in front of the net. Aldridge later had successful spells with Liverpool and the Republic of Ireland national team.
Tommy Tynan - A forward who played for Newport County from 1975 to 1982. Tynan's scoring abilities helped the club achieve promotion to the Second Division in the 1980-1981 season.
Phil Dwyer - A talented midfielder who had two spells with Newport County (1980-1984 and 1989-1994). Dwyer's creative play and leadership qualities made him a key figure during his time at the club.
Karl Connolly - Connolly was an influential winger for Newport County from 1992 to 1997. He played a vital role in the club's promotion to the Football League and was a fan favorite during his time there.
Chris Zebroski - Zebroski joined Newport County in 2010 and became an instrumental figure in their rise through the non-league ranks. He was a key contributor to the club's back-to-back promotions in the 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 seasons.
Padraig Amond - Amond joined Newport County in 2017 and has since made a significant impact. As a versatile forward, he has consistently contributed goals and helped the club reach new heights, including memorable cup runs in recent years.

Re: Top ten

Some interesting choices there. AI has got the dates wrong though for some of the players. Len Weare played for the County between 1955 and 1970. He was born in 1934. I don't remember Karl Connolly playing for the County. Didn't he play for Wrexham?

I’ll admit I didn’t check what it came out with at all, but yes it looks amusingly wrong. I assume it struggles with topics where there is less published material, I’m sure the Man Utd one would be perfect

Even the ones that played for us are sometimes a strange choice!

landinho wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:06 pm It’s the full summer months so here’s an idea I spotted from a different sports team: asking AI to rank the top ten County players

Len Weare - A legendary goalkeeper who played for Newport County from 1924 to 1939. Weare was known for his agility, shot-stopping abilities, and loyalty to the club.
Reg Parker - An influential forward who represented Newport County from 1929 to 1947. Parker scored an impressive 184 goals in 238 appearances for the club.
Trevor Ford - A prolific striker who played for Newport County from 1946 to 1949. Ford's goal-scoring prowess earned him a move to Sunderland, and he later became a Wales international.
Ivor Allchurch - Although Allchurch's stint at Newport County was relatively short (1950-1958), he was a highly skilled midfielder and a vital asset during his time at the club. Allchurch went on to have a distinguished career with Swansea City and Wales.
John Aldridge - Aldridge joined Newport County in 1979 and stayed with the club until 1984. He was a prolific goal-scorer, known for his composure in front of the net. Aldridge later had successful spells with Liverpool and the Republic of Ireland national team.
Tommy Tynan - A forward who played for Newport County from 1975 to 1982. Tynan's scoring abilities helped the club achieve promotion to the Second Division in the 1980-1981 season.
Phil Dwyer - A talented midfielder who had two spells with Newport County (1980-1984 and 1989-1994). Dwyer's creative play and leadership qualities made him a key figure during his time at the club.
Karl Connolly - Connolly was an influential winger for Newport County from 1992 to 1997. He played a vital role in the club's promotion to the Football League and was a fan favorite during his time there.
Chris Zebroski - Zebroski joined Newport County in 2010 and became an instrumental figure in their rise through the non-league ranks. He was a key contributor to the club's back-to-back promotions in the 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 seasons.
Padraig Amond - Amond joined Newport County in 2017 and has since made a significant impact. As a versatile forward, he has consistently contributed goals and helped the club reach new heights, including memorable cup runs in recent years.
don’t remember Karl Connolly who ever he was playing for the county.and Phil Dwyer certainly never played either.

Phil Dwyer was a “tough tackling” defender who was at CCFC for many years until retiring. He then joined South Wales Police until he was caught drink driving!
I think you may be confusing him with Linden Jones, a similar type player

landinho wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:39 pm The aim was to come up with off season chat and a distraction from the infighting, so on that measure it's a great success haha

you missed pele who we signed from abergaveny fridays
who after playing 453 games for the county opened a chip
shop called pele's plaice in Risca

Bonson&Hunt wrote: May 19th, 2023, 2:44 pm
landinho wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:39 pm The aim was to come up with off season chat and a distraction from the infighting, so on that measure it's a great success haha
Well done for thinking up a topic but what infighting?
Can’t think of any bickering users now I think about it (sarcasm intended)