Re: League Two Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers

landinho wrote: May 19th, 2023, 5:56 pm https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2023/ma ... ained-lisT

Walsall have confirmed a lot of players are being released. Maybe makes our squad size look acceptable, they only have 11 registered.

Maddox, Monthe and Kinsella seem to be particularly well regarded from what I’ve seen

Labadie released and possibly off to Swindon?
Their fans seemed particularly unhappy with Monthe towards the end of the season. A few seasons ago, he was a very good player.

Dogger wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:22 am I remember Monthe totally nullifying Jamma in the play off final against Tranmere. Apparently he made a homophobic comment while playing for Tranmere against FGR, but the ban didn’t come into effect until he was playing for Walsall. 7 game ban. Not the type of player we really want at our club, no matter how good he may be.

Yet it's fine to employ someone who has served time for GBH / ABH.........or a player who got banned for biting an opponent...
Apologies if you did speak up against it at the time , I haven't checked your posts back , but with the examples I quote....they did the crime , got punished for what they did and were given another chance by us and other clubs
Monthe was punished by the FA for the crime and given a 7 games ban for it...As with Pipe and Labadie we move on

We have employed players who have been to Prison for crimes like GBH / ABH , and still turned out for the club......Some are classed as Club Legends. As with life society gives people a second chance

neilcork68 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 12:32 pm
Dogger wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 9:22 am I remember Monthe totally nullifying Jamma in the play off final against Tranmere. Apparently he made a homophobic comment while playing for Tranmere against FGR, but the ban didn’t come into effect until he was playing for Walsall. 7 game ban. Not the type of player we really want at our club, no matter how good he may be.

Yet it's fine to employ someone who has served time for GBH / ABH.........or a player who got banned for biting an opponent...
Apologies if you did speak up against it at the time , I haven't checked your posts back , but with the examples I quote....they did the crime , got punished for what they did and were given another chance by us and other clubs
Monthe was punished by the FA for the crime and given a 7 games ban for it...As with Pipe and Labadie we move on

We have employed players who have been to Prison for crimes like GBH / ABH , and still turned out for the club......Some are classed as Club Legends. As with life society gives people a second chance
I agree with that. Once the sanction has been paid, everyone has the right to begin again.

excessbee wrote: May 24th, 2023, 2:46 pm I wouldn't yet rule it out. Cardiff supporters may be a little underwhelmed at the prospect of making a signing from their lowly neighbours, so downplaying the suggestion may placate them at this early stage.
Just shows that rumours can’t be taken too seriously,remember,he was supposedly offered mega bucks at Wrexham.He may still end up there but,it is largely guesswork by anyone and his brother.