Re: Pre Season Fixture announced

Percy plunkett wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:49 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:43 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 18th, 2023, 2:45 pm Oh dear one message board regular will be on his soap box about this again

Incoming!!!!!!!!!
I think trialist 8,11 and 17 will be the pick of the bunch and the Daisy Hill midfielder is ok.Also,the former Rochdale reserve keeper and Rogie thirds striker will be reasonable but,none will get a contract.
Forgot to say that this will probably be Kaid Mohammed’s last chance to impress.
Is he out of prison yet?

See you all there :grin:

Club have some serious history but no longer really in Sheffield itself. Their ground is over the border in Derbyshire although their chairman will insist it counts because they have a Sheffield postcode.

There is an excellent pub which is part of the ground serving excellent Thornbridge beers.

I wonder if Rob Page will pop along?

Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 21st, 2023, 10:53 am Total County thing to do, play Shefield FC rather than Sheffield United where the gaffer used to work. I know they're obviously into the PL now but still. Could we not get Wednesday?
Sheffield FC are at an OK level (around what Newport AFC/County MKII used to be at) and a game v them will tell us more than one against a bunch of Sheff U/Weds kids on their training pitches, for home friendlies do feel we could try to pull in a 'biggie' but for an 'away' training camp I'm happy with a middling non league club.

CathedralCounty wrote: June 21st, 2023, 11:31 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 21st, 2023, 10:53 am Total County thing to do, play Shefield FC rather than Sheffield United where the gaffer used to work. I know they're obviously into the PL now but still. Could we not get Wednesday?
Sheffield FC are at an OK level (around what Newport AFC/County MKII used to be at) and a game v them will tell us more than one against a bunch of Sheff U/Weds kids on their training pitches, for home friendlies do feel we could try to pull in a 'biggie' but for an 'away' training camp I'm happy with a middling non league club.
Fair point. I guess there is plenty of method behind the madness. I spose we have Bristol City for a decent higher level test against better opposition.

neilcork68 wrote: June 20th, 2023, 8:57 pm Doing a training camp in the area as well I believe???

On the club website it says we have various training camps in the pre season build up....

We may turn out to be crap but we will be fit by the sounds of it
There are plenty of places in Sheffield where we could hold a training camp so if anyone finds out where we are when, I will pop along and snap some photos to post up here.

G Guest wrote: July 1st, 2023, 5:19 pm For a moment I thought you wrote that County were flying out to Spain the following Wednesday.
No that was when Flynn was manager, what Flynn wanted Foxhall seemed to give him

Foreign pre season camps ,several pay rises/ contract extensions players from Elite Management without questions...now wonder we are now in the mire.
Yes he earned it from the cup runs / play offs but he also spent it as well before bailing out