Re: Flynn

Exile 1976 wrote: May 8th, 2023, 11:54 am Happy for him. Hope it goes better for him there than it did at Walsall
He made his own problems at Walsall.....At the end of his tenure it was almost like when he was with us....It was everyone else's fault but his.

He will be sacked by Christmas because their Chairman will demand instant success and their fans will turn against him quicker than Walsall and our fans did.

If he wasn't a Newport lad do you think our crowd would have given him as much support as he got in his last few months in charge ??

Re: Flynn

HOW PEP CHANGED ENGLISH FOOTBALL - The Times Newspaper. Quotes from Michael Flynn.

‘He came to Newport, spent time with me before the game — and we keep in touch now’.
Guardiola says he hasn’t changed English football, but that’s modesty. From next season, the Premier League will contain three managers who worked for him.

One of the first EFL managers to really cite Guardiola’s influence is Michael Flynn, who evolved how his Newport County side played after meeting City in the FA Cup in 2019. Listening to Flynn — now at Swindon Town — talk about Guardiola is insightful. “Pep’s come to Newport, the pitch was poor, he sat down with me, spent time before the game — and we keep in touch now. He’s rang me at home and I’m like, to my wife, ‘Look, Pep Guardiola is calling me!’ and she’s, ‘Yeah, but you always speak to him.’ I still get a thrill seeing his name flash up on the phone.

“My youngest boy, Samuel, is five, has long hair and loves Erling Haaland. I sent Pep a picture of him in his Haaland kit and Pep knows me and my older boy are Liverpool fans — so he sent a message saying happy birthday to Samuel and that the Manchester blue looks better on him.”