Re: Morecambe

Yes. Doesn't sound good. Have released every player they could, no matter how worthy a player may have been. Shades of Terry Butcher when he took charge of County. Much depleted budget too. May be headed out of the league next season. A time for a heroic effort at Morecombe. Where is you know who?

G Guest wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:31 pm Yes. Doesn't sound good. Have released every player they could, no matter how worthy a player may have been. Shades of Terry Butcher when he took charge of County. Much depleted budget too. May be headed out of the league next season. A time for a heroic effort at Morecombe. Where is you know who?
John Eric Bartholomew ? ๐Ÿคช

Surely you don't mean Sir Kevin of the Ellison? Surely he's too old to still be playing......Pro Footballer drawing his pension ?

John Eric Bartholomew is Eric Morecambe by the way for those that don't know.

G Guest wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:31 pm Yes. Doesn't sound good. Have released every player they could, no matter how worthy a player may have been. Shades of Terry Butcher when he took charge of County. Much depleted budget too. May be headed out of the league next season. A time for a heroic effort at Morecombe. Where is you know who?
Promotion from L2 is expensive on the wage bill - more than twice their normal outlay last season most probably

Yes. Less than two years after we last played in Div 3 we were bankrupt. I am not sure how the numbers work out but we would have to go some to meet the higher wage bill. Is it worth it? Were losing 2 play off finals a blessing in disguise.

G Guest wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:54 pm Yes. A few years after we last played in Div 3 we were bankrupt. I am not sure how the numbers work out but we would have to go some to meet the higher wage bill. Is it worth it? Were losing 2 play off finals a blessing in disguise.
Why don't we just join the Hellenic League, relocate to Kimberley Park and settle for playing Odd Down, The Herd and Kintbury Rangers.?

Your defeatist attitude is one I could never share. It is an attitude which is not evil, or nasty or malicious. It is though overwhelmingly sad. To give up without even trying, I just don't get.

"Our playing budget, which is a significant proportion of our annual expenditure, was set in the summer of 2021 upon promotion, for a two-year period due to the number of contracts of this length we were required to hand out. This represented a doubling of our 2020-21 League Two playing budget."

Any actual ideas how NCAFC can copy those mentioned by Stan, while spending on infrastructure, instead of copying Tranmere, Morecombe, Yeovil, Forest Green Rovers and others?

Bonson&Hunt wrote: May 18th, 2023, 9:40 am Yeah copy Leicester City. Same population & in League 1 in 2009?
Ah yes, try to get the King of Thailand to invest in us. You understand why Leicester's ground is named the King Power Stadium yes?

Not sure why population is involved in the process..........

Bonson&Hunt wrote: May 18th, 2023, 10:08 am Why did I already know your reply would be a putdown๐Ÿ˜€. Yes get an investor!
Because if you ignore all the other factors, all you do is make a stick for the talkers to beat the doers with...........

Now why aren't we champions of Europe every year? Your thinking is very negative today......

Bonson&Hunt wrote: May 18th, 2023, 10:08 am Why did I already know your reply would be a putdown๐Ÿ˜€. Yes get an investor!
You know B&H, I thought by not reading Bangitinthenet's posts my life would be so much poorer. For years I convinced myself that any self respecting County fan would not only miss his incisive analysis, which make his put downs so apposite but also the self deprecating wit. Indeed who amongst us can forget his charm, his delightful use of the English language and above all his reasoned level headed approach to all matters Newport County?

But in the event I found I don't.

Never let it be said that I don't immediately acknowledge when I'm wrong. :grin: