Re: Transfer Rumours Ins and Out

I should add to the above.

How much is owed to Newport Live, if anything, needs to be answered.
How much Newport Live have invoiced Newport County for whilst Kevin Ward was a director of both, if anything, needs to be answered.
Whether money was or was not diverted from the academy to finance the first team, needs to be answered.

And the sooner these points can be brought before an AGM the better.

rncfc wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:56 pm The being in debt to Newport Live thing is "allegedly" true if members of their staff are to be believed.
The club pay Newport Live for the use of Spytty Stadium, perhaps there is an issue with invoicing?
Anyway, I'm sure the nutter that threw you under the bus on the End This Rumour thread will be along to imply otherwise........

rncfc wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:56 pm The being in debt to Newport Live thing is "allegedly" true if members of their staff are to be believed.
I would expect that we are generally in debt to Newport Live. That is how most businesses run, use now pay in the future. Now if Newport Live have classed that debt as a bad debt, that is a different matter and would be cause for concern. Do you or any of those members of staff know whether this is classed as a bad debt??

lukerobins wrote: May 9th, 2023, 6:11 pm Heard on the Terrace yesterday that Wrexham have offered Norman 4k a week to sign
I guess they’re headed way up the leagues. There will come a level when they won’t be able to buy the league they’re in. I suspect that is when the yanks will begin to lose interest. It’ll be interesting to see what happens then and just how many millions they’re willing to spend. Dale Vince reached his acceptable level : they will reach theirs.
If they’re willing to spend that on Norman then that as a whole squad is likely to be almost or even maybe a championship spend. It would be madness to try to compete with that.

lowandhard wrote: May 9th, 2023, 8:56 pm
lukerobins wrote: May 9th, 2023, 6:11 pm Heard on the Terrace yesterday that Wrexham have offered Norman 4k a week to sign
I guess they’re headed way up the leagues. There will come a level when they won’t be able to buy the league they’re in. I suspect that is when the yanks will begin to lose interest. It’ll be interesting to see what happens then and just how many millions they’re willing to spend. Dale Vince reached his acceptable level : they will reach theirs.
If they’re willing to spend that on Norman then that as a whole squad is likely to be almost or even maybe a championship spend. It would be madness to try to compete with that.
Surely the Fair Play rule must have some impact, Vince Dale got around the rule by his Company Ecotricity increasing the value of their sponsorship. I can’t see Tik Tok or Netflix doing that for Wrexham, and as I understand it, Clubs can’t have funding via Directors loan. I guess an outright gift from Ryan Reynolds and Co would be acceptable, that way Wrexham would not be saddled with debt when they pack their bags.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 9th, 2023, 9:17 pm
Surely the Fair Play rule must have some impact, Vince Dale got around the rule by his Company Ecotricity increasing the value of their sponsorship. I can’t see Tik Tok or Netflix doing that for Wrexham, and as I understand it, Clubs can’t have funding via Directors loan. I guess an outright gift from Ryan Reynolds and Co would be acceptable, that way Wrexham would not be saddled with debt when they pack their bags.
They can easily get around it by donating, buying shares or Inter-company loans but not by director loans.

Amberexile wrote: May 9th, 2023, 9:36 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 9th, 2023, 9:17 pm
They can easily get around it by donating, buying shares or Inter-company loans but not by director loans.
Yes it’s just too easy! They could probably rent an office in the stand for $1 million a week if they wanted to, ffp is a complete farce

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 9th, 2023, 10:03 pm The thing is though it's not personal money, it is Company money and advertising, and Disney etc, etc, etc. They just front it rather than fund it directly, hence the supporters holding onto the lease for the Racecourse.
… I wonder how long Disney will be interested when they’re just doing reasonably well in the championship season after season? They’ll reach a decent level no doubt and with the sort of money they’re getting will rival Cardiff and Swansea as the top Welsh team but will that be enough to keep the corporate boys interested?