Re: Transfer Rumours Ins and Out

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 5th, 2023, 4:25 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm Of course there's going to be a cut in budget we had no cup run this season

It'd not rocket science
In theory your statement should be total nonsense as only a couple of years ago we were sat on a substantial cash pile of well over £1m.
Since that time, gates have held up well, and according to those Board minutes that were released, income was at or above budgets.
So what has given rise to the financial haemorrhage that seems to be suddenly apparent?

I don’t know about players leaving, perhaps we need to be more concerned about Graham and his Team looking for early exits.
Your last paragraph has crossed my mind too, and it’s what concerns me the most. He talks a lot about the scale of the task, off field struggles etc. these are the kinds of things managers walk away from rather than tank their own reputation if the scale of the task is too great

If there is this supposed shortage of cash and mess behind the scenes, then to me it begs the question as to what Mr Pratt is up to?
Agreed that the supposed shortage of cash and mess has not been created by him.
But since he has been here we have heard absolutely zero from him.
IMHO I am less than impressed with the guy.
Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Fu Ming wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:19 pm If there is this supposed shortage of cash and mess behind the scenes, then to me it begs the question as to what Mr Pratt is up to?
Your question as to what Mr Pratt is up to may be answered in the long rather than short term if GC's prediction of there will be no short term fixes to the 'off field mess'.
I for one am not assuming he will be proposing anything significant during the next close season.

Fu Ming wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:19 pm If there is this supposed shortage of cash and mess behind the scenes, then to me it begs the question as to what Mr Pratt is up to?
Perhaps his due diligence findings has frightened him sufficiently to think again!

rncfc wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:25 pm The allegations I've been hearing are that money has been stolen from the club. If that is the case, and I certainly hope it isn't, then I imagine the conclusion of investigations etc will mean nothing can be done until that process ends.
That is what I have been told. I refrained from saying it because I knew if I brought the matter up in public the usual suspects would say I had an agenda. To a degree I would agree with them. I do have an agenda. I want Newport County to be as successful as possible. That can't be done if those who control the club keep the finances secret from the owners of the club.

If as I have heard the police are involved then clearly it would be wrong to say who is suspected of stealing the money unless or until charges have been laid. Further if charges are laid then it would be entirely inappropriate to comment on the truth or otherwise until the matter is concluded.

However if the police are investigating theft from our club. Which would if true be theft from every shareholder and/or Trust member, then that fact should be made known. If the police are not involved and there is no suspicion of theft then that should likewise be communicated by the club.

The 'rumour' that money has been misappropriated is now widespread. Silence is no longer an option.

Amberexile wrote: May 6th, 2023, 10:21 pm
rncfc wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:25 pm The allegations I've been hearing are that money has been stolen from the club. If that is the case, and I certainly hope it isn't, then I imagine the conclusion of investigations etc will mean nothing can be done until that process ends.
How much money are we talking about?
I've absolutely no idea at all, I personally find the rumours hard to believe, but I've heard the same thing from a few different places. I don't want to publically go into specifics because it wouldn't be fair to speculate with absolutely zero evidence.

rncfc wrote: May 7th, 2023, 7:37 pm
Amberexile wrote: May 6th, 2023, 10:21 pm
How much money are we talking about?
I've absolutely no idea at all, I personally find the rumours hard to believe, but I've heard the same thing from a few different places. I don't want to publically go into specifics because it wouldn't be fair to speculate with absolutely zero evidence.
Well I can accept that somebody may have had their fingers in the till and even that the unknown sum could be significant enough for the police to get involved beyobd issuing a crime number but would have thought that if the amount stolen was big enough to result in the playing budget being slashed among other cost cutting measures to renedy it then that amount would also be part of the rumours. So maybe not?

Dear 60 year fan.

This is the first publication of the allegations. The post was written not by me but rncfc.

I look foward to your apology.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:04 pm
Dear 60 year fan.

This is the first publication of the allegations. The post was written not by me but rncfc.

Someone's not so sure of his libel teachings and now wants to absolve himself from any enquiry..............

Personally, if I were running an enquiry, that would trigger a visit to Ireland in order to start working backwards.................

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:15 pm
Dear 60 year fan.

Someone's not so sure of his libel teachings and now wants to absolve himself from any enquiry..............

Personally, if I were running an enquiry, that would trigger a visit to Ireland in order to start working backwards.................
Trying to deflect that 60 year fan is a liar?
Won't work. People can agree or disagree with me. But at least even my severest critic knows who I am.

Dear 60 year fan.

Your thread 'Honesty Required' started Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:08 am:

"It is being said that the club are in debt to the tune of £300,000. It is said that monies have been diverted from the academy to pay for the first team, monies allocated by the EFL and if these allegations prove to be true may lead to serious repercussions and perhaps points deductions. It is said that monies have been diverted from the club to outside business interests. It is being said that a sum in the region of £25,000 is owed to Newport Live. It is being said that auditors have been brought in. It is being said there may have been criminal activity. It is being said that the police are involved."

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:19 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:15 pm
Dear 60 year fan.

Trying to deflect that 60 year fan is a liar?
Won't work. People can agree or disagree with me. But at least even my severest critic knows who I am.
Yet again it is not me deflecting, I have nothing to deflect remember 🙄

whoareya wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:34 pm
Dear 60 year fan.

Your thread 'Honesty Required' started Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:08 am:

"It is being said that the club are in debt to the tune of £300,000. It is said that monies have been diverted from the academy to pay for the first team, monies allocated by the EFL and if these allegations prove to be true may lead to serious repercussions and perhaps points deductions. It is said that monies have been diverted from the club to outside business interests. It is being said that a sum in the region of £25,000 is owed to Newport Live. It is being said that auditors have been brought in. It is being said there may have been criminal activity. It is being said that the police are involved."
There may have been criminal activity.

The rumours that have been under discussion is that an official or officials, and it is one or the other, go very much further than that. In terms that not that the matter was investigated but that a person or persons had been identified as stealing money. That is the damaging rumour.

I was investigated twice by HRMC. It is standard practice. If my business lost about one million pounds and I didn't account for it, I'd expect to be examined further. It is true, unless Graham Coughlan is lying, and I don't think he is, that a huge sum of cash has gone. It is right and proper that be investigated.

We shouldn't be broke. I am delighted that theft is not the cause of that. I would still like to know where it's gone.