Re: Transfer Rumours Ins and Out

amberbhoy wrote: May 1st, 2023, 9:31 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: May 1st, 2023, 8:14 pm Where did you hear this.
Can't say. Have you heard the same.
No,I am not in the loop.I would be surprised if GC didn’t offer Mickey an extension.He nearly joined Bury in 17 and looked to be going in 19 which forced Flynny to panic and sign Marvel and Lazlo.In 21 ,he signed pretty quickly so,considering that his family is settled in the area,he would accept a new deal.Add to that,he is 33 and unlikely to be on the radar of someone else.As for Dennis,there could be other better offers available so that could be correct.

GC saying today that there’s interest for a few players from bigger clubs, so some will play their last game on Monday. So you’d think that’s Cam and Priestley. Maybe Aaron Lewis as well?

He also mentions that there’s going to have to be a reduction in budget, which I’m sure will panic the doom mongers among us

halfmoon wrote: May 5th, 2023, 3:07 pm GC saying today that there’s interest for a few players from bigger clubs, so some will play their last game on Monday. So you’d think that’s Cam and Priestley. Maybe Aaron Lewis as well?

He also mentions that there’s going to have to be a reduction in budget, which I’m sure will panic the doom mongers among us
I picked up on his saying about the reduction in budget, and also his description of the off- field running of the club as a mess. To which he added there will be no short term fix for next season. It will take longer than that. From that I conclude there will be no major changes to the club in the upcoming close season. Dare say there are those who were hoping there will be.

As for Cam, Priestly, and Lewis, I suspect they are the most likely to be targeted by other clubs. I note GC said 1 or 2 may be targets of clubs in higher echelons, and suggested we will have to rely largely on loanees as we have done since Jan.

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm Of course there's going to be a cut in budget we had no cup run this season

It'd not rocket science
In theory your statement should be total nonsense as only a couple of years ago we were sat on a substantial cash pile of well over £1m.
Since that time, gates have held up well, and according to those Board minutes that were released, income was at or above budgets.
So what has given rise to the financial haemorrhage that seems to be suddenly apparent?

I don’t know about players leaving, perhaps we need to be more concerned about Graham and his Team looking for early exits.

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm Of course there's going to be a cut in budget we had no cup run this season

It'd not rocket science
In theory your statement should be total nonsense as only a couple of years ago we were sat on a substantial cash pile of well over £1m.
Since that time, gates have held up well, and according to those Board minutes that were released, income was at or above budgets.
So what has given rise to the financial haemorrhage that seems to be suddenly apparent?

I don’t know about players leaving, perhaps we need to be more concerned about Graham and his Team looking for early exits.