Re: Jason Bowen

As awful as the news is for Jason and his family, just looking at the information given I personally wouldn't donate myself. They are looking to raise money for treatment, available on the NHS, from a private clinic (Morello Clinic) owned by a company Morello Health. Morello Health is 75% owned by the CEO, who's only other Directorship is the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Neurology, which as far as I know isn't a regulatory organisation.

But when I'm next in work on Friday I shall ask the Senior Physiotherapist I work with about the ACPN. I suspect the therapists are not necessarily trained, or registered therapists and although what they do may do no harm, it's unlikely to have any therapeutic benefit.

June 11th 14.45kick off at Penydarren Park Merthyr Tydfil

A combined Newport County , Cardiff City and Swansea City side will take on a Danny Sullivan 11 in aid of Jason Bowen and his battle with MND

£10 entrance fee....two bands are playing after the game

Blackandamber wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:13 pm Jason's illness was mentioned on BBC Breakfast this morning. The County were listed as one of the clubs he played for.

A longer report was on Wales Today this evening. Let's hope that a cure can be found for sufferers of MND.
Agreed. Can't be many conditions more cruel than MND. I don't understand why Bezos or Musk don't focus on finding a cure for something like this. **** going into space. I'm sure they both do a lot for charity and have various foundations etc but they also have tens of billions of personal wealth they could be using on things like this.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 31st, 2023, 10:11 am
Blackandamber wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:13 pm Jason's illness was mentioned on BBC Breakfast this morning. The County were listed as one of the clubs he played for.

A longer report was on Wales Today this evening. Let's hope that a cure can be found for sufferers of MND.
Agreed. Can't be many conditions more cruel than MND. I don't understand why Bezos or Musk don't focus on finding a cure for something like this. **** going into space. I'm sure they both do a lot for charity and have various foundations etc but they also have tens of billions of personal wealth they could be using on things like this.
You're being very charitable to Bezos and Musk who both appear to be awful examples of the human race.
I do hope that plenty of people turn out for the game.