Re: Exiles Grandstand Swindon home

Massive result, and richly deserved. Charsley looks like a very astute acquisition and we created more chances in the first 25mins than I reckon we managed in all of our post-Christmas games combined. McNeil looked rather lightweight (which I expected, to be honest) but Kavanagh has something about him. Another excellent game from Scouse Lewis too. Granted, we were helped by the sending-off, but it was a clear red and we still had to break down a very good Sw*ndon side. A big, big three points in the context of the season.

Irritating afterwards that Gwent's finest made the baffling decision to pen in home fans exiting the Hazells Stand and prevent us using the footbridge until after the away fans had all left. Still, nice overtime if you can get it.

Encouraging first half then,we score and go negative,get a second out of the blue and still manage to put us through it by conceding.Only we could do that,anyway we won so good news.The PV boy gets through some work,MU lad didn’t get any ball in the right areas and Kavanagh gets a walk in to ko his time here.Just wish we could keep playing positive and make it easier for ourselves.

McNeill couldn't get into the game. But he stuck to the task of menacing the Swindon goal and helped set up the first goal by laying off the pass for the cross. Looks as though he will need a bit of time to gain confidence at this level.

Charsley looks a good player. And, given that he is Coughlan's only permanent signing so far, it helps give me confidence that the manager knows what he's about when it comes to signings.

Whereas McNeill probably failed to live up to most people's expectations, for me, Kavanagh exceeded them. He looked cocky and confident and hungry for a gaol.

Good to see Townsend again. He had a couple of fluttery moments though.
Last edited by G Guest on February 7th, 2023, 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G Guest wrote: February 4th, 2023, 4:30 pm O'Neill couldn't get into the game. But he stuck to the task of menacing the Swindon goal and helped set up the first goal by laying off the pass for the cross. Looks as though he will need a bit of time to gain confidence at this level.

Charsley looks a good player. And, given that he is Coughlan's only permanent signing so far, it helps give me confidence that the manager knows what he's about when it comes to signings.

Whereas O'Neill probably failed to live up to most people's expectations, for me, Kavanagh exceeded them. He looked cocky and confident and hungry for a gaol.

Good to see Townsend again. He had a couple of fluttery moments though.
In fairness I'm reasonably sure Kavanagh's greatest critic is his old man. He was a decent lower league midfielder and I thought a decent enough Manager. His son is unlikely to be lacking in endeavour but may in skill. The good thing is he's off the mark. Strikers need to score early in any team environment and from that make it a regular occurrence for their confidence. And County need a regular goalscorer to get away from the drop zone and stay away from there...