Wales rugby

Thought I would put it on here as the 6 Nations starts tomorrow with Wales v Ireland at 2.15

We have had lots of comments on this board over the years about the merits of rugby. Everyone on this board is quite obviously a County fan. Lots of people don’t seem to like the rugby though. My opinion is - they are not mutually exclusive and you can love both. I certainly do. I won’t be at either game tomorrow unfortunately but I will be following both.

My main concern is timing. County start at 12.45 and I wonder how many fans we will miss because of the rugby. I just wish there was better cooperation between the authorities. That said, in the current economic climate I do wonder how many fans could pay to attend both. I suppose that forces a choice.

Anyway, cmon the County and come on Wales. A nice double would be great.

Re: Wales rugby

pembsexile wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:26 am Thought I would put it on here as the 6 Nations starts tomorrow with Wales v Ireland at 2.15

We have had lots of comments on this board over the years about the merits of rugby. Everyone on this board is quite obviously a County fan. Lots of people don’t seem to like the rugby though. My opinion is - they are not mutually exclusive and you can love both. I certainly do. I won’t be at either game tomorrow unfortunately but I will be following both.

My main concern is timing. County start at 12.45 and I wonder how many fans we will miss because of the rugby. I just wish there was better cooperation between the authorities. That said, in the current economic climate I do wonder how many fans could pay to attend both. I suppose that forces a choice.

Anyway, cmon the County and come on Wales. A nice double would be great.
I've written on here I'm a fan if both codes (and rugby league too actually) and try to convert my chances see Wales at least 2 or 3 times a year (see what I did there?) - I hate the smug self-righteousness of rugby (true story - butted in on a conversation about 'how much nicer rugby fans are' whilst on train in Japan following Wales [rugby] at the world cup) and rugby is hardly a bastion of financial or moral solidity BUT for all its ills I can enjoy rugby in a more detached way as more of an ‘experience’ as I’m not as passionate about it as ‘County – if Wales lose but the game is good (like V Italy) I can say its ‘well its good for rugby’ and congratulate the Italy fans – if ‘County lose this otherwise mild mannered chap is often heard effing and jeffing under his breath (although I do sometimes say well done to opposition fans if they deserved to win).

Anyhow Shakespearean length essay aside totally agree I’m watching County live on Saturday but will be dashing home to watch the six nations straight after (had I got a ticket I admit I’d have probably missed County – albeit a shame to as its v Swindon always a ‘tasty’ fixture).

So yes cmon the County and come on Wales!