Re: Phil Tanner RIP

princess anne wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:43 am Sincere condolences to Phil`s family from everyone in NCAFC Supporters Club.
Clearly myself and Phil Tanner had a different world view. He was though a fanatical Newport County supporter, and his writing in the programme must of taken hours each week of preparation and research. More importantly he will have been loved by his family and will be missed by his friends.

May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear of the death of Phil. My condolences to his family and friends.

I remember his initial game against Aldershot as reported in the Argus. If I remember correctly we lost 4-3 after leading 3-0. Not Len Weare's greatest game. Despite this disappointing introduction to the County Phil continued to support the Ironsides / Exiles ever since, and to make such a large contribution.

Blackandamber wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:17 pm So sorry to hear of the death of Phil. My condolences to his family and friends.

I remember his initial game against Aldershot as reported in the Argus. If I remember correctly we lost 4-3 after leading 3-0. Not Len Weare's greatest game. Despite this disappointing introduction to the County Phil continued to support the Ironsides / Exiles ever since, and to make such a large contribution.
Yes. Aldershot won at Somerton six years running. When County went 3 nil up we thought it would not happen this time. When Aldershot scored before half time we knew it was going to happen again. I think that Jimmy Melia was their driving force.

Sorry to hear about Phil Tanner

G Guest wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:59 pm
Blackandamber wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:17 pm So sorry to hear of the death of Phil. My condolences to his family and friends.

Yes. Aldershot won at Somerton six years running. When County went 3 nil up we thought it would not happen this time. When Aldershot scored before half time we knew it was going to happen again. I think that Jimmy Melia was their driving force.

Sorry to hear about Phil Tanner
My first game was also against Aldershot in 1962. It ended 2-2.