Re: Dilemma (Wrexham)

Can someone help me?

According to the figures above in 2020 our bank account stood at £1,334,262. In 2021 we made a profit of £108,571.

Which should mean our bank account standing at £1,443,262 in 2021. But the figure being quoted is £836,551. Which seems to indicate an unaccounted for deficit of £606,711.

To be clear I don't for one moment suggest anyone has had their fingers in the till. But I do suggest that supporters of Newport County have not the slightest clue as to what really goes on at our club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:03 am Can someone help me?

According to the figures above in 2020 our bank account stood at £1,334,262. In 2021 we made a profit of £108,571.

Which should mean our bank account standing at £1,443,262 in 2021. But the figure being quoted is £836,551. Which seems to indicate an unaccounted for deficit of £606,711.

To be clear I don't for one moment suggest anyone has had their fingers in the till. But I do suggest that supporters of Newport County have not the slightest clue as to what really goes on at our club.

Does anyone at any club let's be honest

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:21 am

But we're the owners Jim.

pembsexile wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:46 am
whoareya wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:30 am
owlsabout wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:01 am He did ho public in order for our board to acknowledge his request to become involved with the club ! Apparently he s been trying for a while without no response from the board .now contact has been made he would have signed a non disclosure agreement!. If you rewind 4 years ago at an open meeting directors SJ KW and Co opted MC stated that the club were running at a loss of 350;000 a year and we can't depend cup runs alone to survive. We'll have been fortunate and lucky till this season with some great big cup days play offs finals, this fan owned won't work without major investment or a take over !we own nothing the infrastructure has been poor crowds have dropped due to poor results paid off managers / imo the time is right for a change .
He didn't go public - otherwise we'd know all about him and his interest, I thought it was all via the County Facebook group initially - that's not going public, that's chatting on social media.

Non disclosure agreements aren't used in the context of expressing an interest, it defeats the object. Its only when you enter into negotiations that disclose/open book/due diligence becomes relevant.

Who are his advisors, or is he just personally looking as an ex-pat supporter?
What background/expertise does he have in professional football, or is he another Les?

If this was going to fly, it would have already taken off. If the Board hadn't been receptive then you look to engage with the owners - having trust ownership is ideal for getting past a reluctant Board because you can engage directly with the real owners, but you have to get your message out. I don't use Facebook so that's probably why I don't know who he is or what his intentions are.

I'm guessing that I'm not alone on that.
You aren’t mate, I don’t do Facebook either. However, you can do a google search on him to find out who he is. I posted some info’ on that a few weeks ago on another thread.

I also agree with your comments about the Expressions of Interest (EOI). They are in the public domain and should be seen by all. Putting a few comments on social media just raises his game and profile and doesn’t count as negotiations.
Wasn’t his comments on Facebook a last resort because when he used appropriate channels they were ignored?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:25 am

Yes but does anyone say a normal fan at any fan owned club have a clue about the clubs financial matters

To me there is a big difference between being given information, and disclosure information such as in a court where both prosecution and defence lawyers have the same details to form their cases.

Now when others have asked why the club should need to publish such information it is normal for the answer to include a line such as "so we can help financially when the club is going bust"

However when we did need money desperately with the trust takeover, a person who says he believes in the trust model has admitted making the smallest payment possible.

The club has also been independently judged 1st and 4th on quality of information released by league 2 clubs in recent years.

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:31 am

Yes but does anyone say a normal fan at any fan owned club have a clue about the clubs financial matters
Don’t sell yourself short UTP as I believe you are very clued up, as are many other supporters. The reason why most fans have no clue on the financial state is because of the shroud of secrecy that surrounds our Club, particularly where the monetary position is concerned.

However why don’t we take a leaf out of Exeter’s book and hold half yearly meetings based purely on financial performances and stability? By doing that they are actively involving shareholders, at the same time sharing information that is not two years out of date, which is the position we find ourselves in by the time we get to see County’s accounts.

The owners? That's a joke isn't it. What exactly do we own. If we owned Newport County then we'd know what was going on. If we owned something we could sell it. We're not owners. We just pay our money and get no answers. As the Kinks once said all we ever get is a definite maybe.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:01 am

However why don’t we take a leaf out of Exeter’s book and hold half yearly meetings based purely on financial performances and stability? By doing that they are actively involving shareholders, at the same time sharing information that is not two years out of date, which is the position we find ourselves in by the time we get to see County’s accounts.
Agree.

Also if you want supporters to assist financially but cover finances with a 'shroud' then many of us simply won't.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:34 am

Agree.

Also if you want supporters to assist financially but cover finances with a 'shroud' then many of us simply won't.
Strange that those who want the most, are the least likely to contribute

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:51 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:34 am

Agree.

Strange that those who want the most, are the least likely to contribute
Not really Shaun the Sheep. You know that isn't accurate.

Blackandamber wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:32 am

The owners? That's a joke isn't it. What exactly do we own. If we owned Newport County then we'd know what was going on. If we owned something we could sell it. We're not owners. We just pay our money and get no answers. As the Kinks once said all we ever get is a definite maybe.
Quite, the “shares” we bought to “save” the club were all smoke and mirrors, we own 0% of f¥ck all it seems and we appear entitled to know precisely as much as that too.

lowandhard wrote: January 31st, 2023, 12:44 pm
Blackandamber wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:32 am

Quite, the “shares” we bought to “save” the club were all smoke and mirrors, we own 0% of f¥ck all it seems and we appear entitled to know precisely as much as that too.
Don’t think that’s true mate. The Supporters Trust own 63% (approx) of the club. The rest (I believe) is owned by previous shareholders or others. If you do some research you can get accurate info’ on this.

I remember the night I bought shares in the Trust. The only person I spoke to was Shaun Johnson. Clearly I was under the impression that he was the only who knew how many shares I bought or the amount of the small monetary contribution was Mr Johnson. Little did I know that Banginternet was eavesdropping our conversation.