Re: Beat Swindon!

Blackandamber wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:31 pm
allontheamber wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:14 pm I think our season has been defined already this season and best described as mediocrity.
Our season will be defined by the last whistle of the season although I agree our game today will go some way towards the defining moment.
Next Saturday
At my age you barely know one day from another. Just glad I got the right week 😂😂

JonD wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:50 am Even I'm dragging myself to RP for this one. The weather's a bit milder. We've some exciting new signings. The should be a good atmosphere with a sold-out away section. What's not to like?
yet the question inevitably arises will any or how many of the the new signings will start?

Ugo. wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:23 am I would hope 2 will start, Charsley and McNeil. Would imagine Kavanagh will be on the bench. Baker will be dependant on who is injured and if not Clarke then is he fit enough to play 90 minutes.
Agree with that summation. Particularly looking forward to see how McNeil does after all the talk of him.

Don't think Swindon really got that close, and 2-0 would have been a much more realistic scoreline. Total idiot getting sent off, but for a moment I was convinced the ref was going to issue a yellow card. Swindon had their first shot on target in the 85th minute. As for attacking midfielders, compare and contrast.... Charsley really unsettled their defence by breaking into dangerous positions, whereas Jonny Williams was blowing out of his a**e from halftime until being replaced on the hour. Thought Farquharson dealt very competently with Austin who just seemed to resort to cheap-shot fouls when he wasn't making any headway.
Last edited by excessbee on February 5th, 2023, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Didn’t watch the game as I was refereeing in deep Devon, but really pleased we beat the scum. Sounds like an easy victory despite the close scoreline, I predicted an away win (new manager bounce, them being in the top 6), so this is a helluva result, we’ll done to the players, staff and fans.

After yesterday's results, of the 8 teams in relegation contention only Colchester and Gillingham have had better results over the past 6 matches than County. 5 clubs in the bottom 8 have had poorer results than County. So we are on the right track but the margin remains very thin. Although Gillingham are still in the bottom 2 they are the 6th best team in the current form table and will be climbing fast shortly if they can keep that up. Colchester at number 4 in current form also look like playing their way out of trouble.